Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My caprice is getting a little jealous of the wheels on my impala. I dont plan on converting to disc brakes on it anytime soon but I would like to get some wheels for it. Has anyone seen any decent wheels (at least 17's) I can get, but wont show off these ugly drums. :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
or use polished stainless disc brake covers, some people even think they are huge rotors and only cost about $75 for a set of 4 either crossdrilled or smooth. SSeeya

nick :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macomotorsportsdotcom:
or use polished stainless disc brake covers...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO, those are a bit "ricey".

Just get some 17" Centerlines. Not too pricey, and some of the designs will hide the drum from view.

I have drums on the back, and just painted 'em black. If you are close, you can see 'em thru the 5 spoke wheels...but from a few paces away, you can't see anything.

HTH...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I put SS wheels on my Caprice I painted the drums silver figuring if it looked bad I could paint them black. It kind of blends with the wheel and I have gotten several comments on my "rear discs". Drums cleanup fairly easy with a wire wheel on a drill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.