Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Mr. Mike :)

After all that has went wrong this week I have a pretty hefty shopping list at RMS LOL

Considering shipping and such I'm just going to throw the NSS on the list of "might as well"... :)

I crawled under the dash and tried to adjust it and its a no go. I however did find the green wire to have the shielding broke.

I only hope the new switch is the problem and not a crappy alarm install...

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
It is easier if you drop the column down to adjust it for sure, but I am sure that it can be done, do they light up throughout any motion of the switch? if not then you are right either switch or wiring. As far as shielding are you talking about the insulation, it shouldn't be a shielded wire and why would an alarm install tie to it there, seems odd.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is easier if you drop the column down to adjust it for sure, but I am sure that it can be done, do they light up throughout any motion of the switch? if not then you are right either switch or wiring. As far as shielding are you talking about the insulation, it shouldn't be a shielded wire and why would an alarm install tie to it there, seems odd.
My whole alarm install is weird.

When I refered to shielding, I was talking about the insulation :)

I adjusted it little by little by myself. While the car was off, I placed it in reverse and checked for lights.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
I really think that if it is was an adjustment thing in the switch that the lights would come one say in neutral instead of reverse or something along those lines. insulation broken could mean a number of things but maybe someone tapped into with one of those wire taps at one time, if it is a 9C1 maybe for the blink blink sh#$, not sure, where it is broken as far as insulation check to make sure that the strands inside aren't broken also.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really think that if it is was an adjustment thing in the switch that the lights would come one say in neutral instead of reverse or something along those lines. insulation broken could mean a number of things but maybe someone tapped into with one of those wire taps at one time, if it is a 9C1 maybe for the blink blink sh#$, not sure, where it is broken as far as insulation check to make sure that the strands inside aren't broken also.
Lucky enough, my car is a detectives car and only had front flashers no light bars no nada.

The wires strands are contained in the broken insulation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts