Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was told by a buddy of mine about a guy on in Cali that does the work of cutting out the center oem 17 inch face of the oem wheel and puts on 20 inch barrels and I must say that my wheels came out AMAZING. can’t wait to get them sometime next week and my car will be complete after a complete overhaul and upgrades even at 11,500 original miles. Wheels are 20x10 and look amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
794 Posts
Not a bad price at all, feel like other custom wheels go for like 2k a wheel nowadays. Very cool, is the guy named chamorroboy or something on instagram, he did a set but it had like a golden center cap with screws and wasn't a fan of that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not
Not a bad price at all, feel like other custom wheels go for like 2k a wheel nowadays. Very cool, is the guy named chamorroboy or something on instagram, he did a set but it had like a golden center cap with screws and wasn't a fan of that.
Not at all. I have other cars where I’ve paid upwards of 10 to 12k for a set of wheels. And these came out amazing

·
Registered
794 Posts
Looks great 😍

Can you run a bigger brake rotor with these wheels? i.e something like the kore3 with the z06 grandsport setup

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wonder how much the wheels weigh also, for reference the stock wheels weigh around 29 lbs without the tire.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
I don't know why 20s don't do it for me on these cars :(
Wheels are tits though
Maybe you are 54 years old and all wheel fads including tiny sidewalls, 22's, 24's, Donks, and especially extreme camber cars make you wonder WTF is wrong with the world where cosmetic desires overrule actual performance characteristics??
Oh, no that angry old man is just me. Sorry, carry on; and stay off my lawn you young whippersnappers!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
GabeSS, toonwarrior: Don't let nothin happen to them - precisely because they're gorgeous.

Regarding wheel & tire choices:
If a Honda Fit can take a pothole unscathed, yet the same pothole breaks a Chevy Caprice's wheel / tire, the DOT will never come to your rescue in time.
"It's not my fault - it's the asphalt!" ... the refrain of many pimpin' on three 24" wheels, & one spare.

Reactions: GabeSS and nsaness

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
I keep coming back to your pictures to make sure I like these as much as I think I do. They are very cool, and remind me of an HRE wheel I lusted after in the late 90's.
I am sold on the looks, but I am always hesitant about going to 3 piece wheels. (3 pieces often leak air, and the barrels/lips can dent easily depending on the manufacturer) I know that a 3 piece barrel can be repaired, where a cast or even an almighty forged wheel can crack; but some of the "barrels" are not the thickness, material type, and quality of other barrels...

Can you tell us how well your wheels balanced? As time goes on, can you keep us posted on how your wheels/tires hold air?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I keep coming back to your pictures to make sure I like these as much as I think I do. They are very cool, and remind me of an HRE wheel I lusted after in the late 90's.
I am sold on the looks, but I am always hesitant about going to 3 piece wheels. (3 pieces often leak air, and the barrels/lips can dent easily depending on the manufacturer) I know that a 3 piece barrel can be repaired, where a cast or even an almighty forged wheel can crack; but some of the "barrels" are not the thickness, material type, and quality of other barrels...

Can you tell us how well your wheels balanced? As time goes on, can you keep us posted on how your wheels/tires hold air?
Wheels are amazing. No rattling or anything of that sort. They ride amazing
They are honestly of high quality. I have other two and three piece wheels that I have paid between 10 and 15k for other cars, and I can honestly say that those wheels rival the quality of those as well. I do agree that i will have to lower the front by at least 1/2 to 1 inch more to make it perfect so I’ll have that done. I can honestly say, that I love the wheels and the car looks and has that oem look but really classy at the same time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts