Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 95 caprice has died :( I just got a 93 fleetwood TBI 350 a few weeks ago.

Compared to my 9C1 this thing floats and is all over the Hwy most of the time. I have damn near all new suspension on my 9c1 including Monroe ss shocks, Moog PS Idler Arm, Center link, Ball joints, tie rod ends, and End Link Bushings.

My question is, What on the B body swaps directly to the D body as far as suspension parts???

Will the 9c1 sway Bar fit also?

Does the Steering Dampner on the FW really serve any purpose or makes any difference?

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Everything swaps. The steering damper is one of "those" things. If it's there, great. If it's not...you'll probably never know. Most of them are wore out after a few years and never get replaced, anyway. Your 9c1 springs fit, also, but if I remember correctly while they are a better rate and will firm things up they are about the same ride height as the Fleet's softer springs so you'll get no lowering from them.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool.... I will just swap the regular center link on my 9c1 over and forget the dampner....I wonder if the steering box will swap also? better ratio on my 9c1.

I wonder if the steering knuckles are also the same. I just install two brand new ones on the 9c1 2 months before myu engine blew.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
All that stuff will swap over. These cars are identical to a B-body except for the body and the wheelbase being 6" longer. All chassis, engine and drivetrain parts will swap. The only difference underneath is that the Fleetwood has 4-channel ABS/traction control, so if you were to put in a B-body rear axle, you'd lose ABS/TC.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All that stuff will swap over. These cars are identical to a B-body except for the body and the wheelbase being 6" longer. All chassis, engine and drivetrain parts will swap. The only difference underneath is that the Fleetwood has 4-channel ABS/traction control, so if you were to put in a B-body rear axle, you'd lose ABS/TC.
Oh ok cool. Im going to be doing some major swapping soon. Brake pads and all

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
The FW does not have the larger ball joints in the lower arms, so be conscious of the difference, because you may not be able to use the FW spindles with your 9C1 lower arms. Rear brakes are huge drums, same as the ones on the wagons. The 93 FW has an LO5 in it. None of the 95 engine/trans parts will fit without the usual LO5 to LT1 swap issues, and many of the accessories on the wheelhouses are different. It also has a similar computer to the 91-93 cars, but it has a different pinout. The body is the same as the 94-96 FWs. There may be some wiring differences which are unique to the 93 FW.

·
Registered
586 Posts
The 9C1 drive shaft will be too short, but everything on either side will work, save maybe for the ABS parts on the diff.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will the fuel Pump fit or work?

I just put a brand new AC delco Pump in the 9c1 3 weeks before the engine blew up.

I know the filters are different, plugs and wires are obviously different. Im thinkin about keeping the electric fans brand new radiator, and hoses off the 9c1.

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
The 93 FW has different fans, radiator, hoses, and the fuel pump is a much lower pressure pump. I do not know if the 9C1 pump will work properly.

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
sorry to hijack but i just had one quick question on the issue. will Metco rear control arms from a wagon fit on a '95 FW?
There are a couple of threads about this. If they fit a B-body, they will fit the D-body.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem....

Now, here is a kicker for me.... I seem to have a 4l60E in my 93 FWB and NOT the 700r4.... Is this common?

I dont even see the RPO code in the trunk for a 4L60E (M30) trans. There is no TV cable at all like in my 91 wagon with the 700R4.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is confusing.

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
No problem....

Now, here is a kicker for me.... I seem to have a 4l60E in my 93 FWB and NOT the 700r4.... Is this common?

I dont even see the RPO code in the trunk for a 4L60E (M30) trans. There is no TV cable at all like in my 91 wagon with the 700R4.
According to the 93 FW FSM, you have a 4L60 (same as a 700R4). There is no provision for the 4L60e in the book. You should have a SPID code of MD8 for the transmission.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts