Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I just recently got a 9c1 (former maryland stater trooper) with 120,667k for $1500. In my mind virtually a steal. Just wondering if I've been played a fool. Are there any know problems that occur around the 120k mark? Please fill me in. Will post pics a lil later. It's a beautiful color.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What year, color, features, etc.? What kind of shape is it in?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by caddyguy109:
What year, color, features, etc.? What kind of shape is it in?
It's a 94, and it's a pretty fleet color tan. It's in great shape, pep boys did a diagnostic on it, and it said it was a good car. Just said the brakes were rusty from sitting for a while. As far as i know it just has a standard police package. Runs like a dream. No abnormal noises or anything like that.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LT1 or L99? You'll probably want to put in new plugs, coil and wires with the mileage you have. Also, the transmission might need work soon, depending on how it was driven. Other then that, do basic maintenance. I'd get the brake fluid flushed ASAP since it's probably never been changed.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it was a state police car it probably had regular maintenance, and I'm sure you'll find several people here willing to take that car off your hands for $1000. :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by SCSUATWIM B4U:
If it was a state police car it probably had regular maintenance, and I'm sure you'll find several people here willing to take that car off your hands for $1000. :D
Yes, it probably has had regular maintenance -- while it was in service. Since it has sat long enough for the rotors to get rusty, chances are the normal maintenance has been neglected for at least a few months. Fluid changes would be the first thing to do. Clean the MAF (carefully with electrical cleaner) and the throttle body well. Clean out the air filter too. Put the blower on medium speed to see if it works -- if not it's a simple repair (look up resistor pack). Check the rear brake slider pins. Since the car sat for a while, they are likely seized up. Overall, it is a good price for the car, if all it needs is basic attention.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
120K isn't much mileage for a B-body that's been maintained regularly.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok...i left something out. I brought it from a guy who got it from the state at around 3,300 miles. It's only been sitting for a couple months. But I guess I'm being paranoid. Thanx for your help everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts