Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is sort of a repost since the forum crashed, so bear with me:

Replaced my 1994 RMS with my parent's 1991 Caprice wagon they bought a year and a half ago at my behest. Couldn't let this one slip away. My parent's were talking about selling it to do a lack of use and not enough driveway, so I snagged it up. It's replacing my 1994 Roadmaster which I was going to rotate out in another year anyway. These are the old pics of it from a year and a half ago:

Since the pics from a year and a half ago, it now sports a sweet tint job, OEM wire hubcaps, and all of 108K miles. I'll get some newer pics of it up soon.

SPID tag photo for my newly acquired wagon:

G80 FTW! I thought the rear end pulled awfully hard for a L03, & sounded awfully "torquey" like my G80 (positrac) equipped blue 9C1's does.

And 3.23 gears on a L03 (5.0 305 V8)?

G67? Automatic air level control?

V92? Trailer towing pkg? FTW!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here is the latest and greatest:

Well, lightning has struck twice. With all this cash for clunkers doom maybe this will cheer someone up, because here's at least one more B-body that won't be added to O's deathlist. I think I have my parent's addicted to LT1 B-bodies. I commented casually Friday while at my parents house while we were cussing the CARS program that there was a 1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition Estate Wagon on the local Craigslist in what looked to be very good condition with 61K original miles. So, my dad asked me to pull it up on the computer to take a look and pretty much spent the last 36 hours making it his! We drove about an hour away to Katy TX last night, looked it over, went back today with cash about noon and drove it home to his house! Bought it from the original owner's son who inherited it. Enough yapping, here it is:

61K mile 1996 Buick Roadmaster Limited Estate Wagon:

Updated pic of my recently acquired 110K mile 1991 Caprice wagon, still waiting to touchup the front bumper cover:

Dad's 93k mile 1997 retail Vic:

No FWD at mom and dad's house:

The Buick wagon is loaded with cloth seats, mint dash and door panels, factory tint, alloy wheels, with the Vista moon roof! Even has the rare cargo cover for the wagon area and the original window sticker! Tire melting, neck snapping 61K mile LT1 engine FTMFW!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice bunch of wagons

Wow, sweet score on that low mileage '96 RMW Limited! I've not seen too many limited wagons with the cloth, I wonder if it's somewhat rare? (Haven't seen too many limited wagons period) Also, that '91 Caprice looks like it's in VG condition for being 18 years old. And I like the DMRM ext. DMR int. color combo, that's the same as my OCC! I see your clearcoat is peeling in exactly the same spot, eh?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see your clearcoat is peeling in exactly the same spot, eh?
Yup, been looking for color matched Duplicolor in rattlecan to do some touchup to no avail. I may wind up just having to "eyeball" it.

Nice collection. I like the aero Vics, too. What's that piece of foam on the left side of the dash on the RMW?

I don't know, it's on the passenger side too. Made they had a rattle?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought my '91 Caprice for $800 off a veteran who needed the money. For the most part its still in good conition, carpeting, radiator, and maybe a few other minor things need replacement, but i think for the most part i scored a good deal.

any advise on what to start on first???

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Good God, how come I can't find deals like that?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And here is the latest and greatest:

Well, lightning has struck twice. With all this cash for clunkers doom maybe this will cheer someone up, because here's at least one more B-body that won't be added to O's deathlist. I think I have my parent's addicted to LT1 B-bodies. I commented casually Friday while at my parents house while we were cussing the CARS program that there was a 1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition Estate Wagon on the local Craigslist in what looked to be very good condition with 61K original miles. So, my dad asked me to pull it up on the computer to take a look and pretty much spent the last 36 hours making it his! We drove about an hour away to Katy TX last night, looked it over, went back today with cash about noon and drove it home to his house! Bought it from the original owner's son who inherited it. Enough yapping, here it is:

61K mile 1996 Buick Roadmaster Limited Estate Wagon:

The Buick wagon is loaded with cloth seats, mint dash and door panels, factory tint, alloy wheels, with the Vista moon roof! Even has the rare cargo cover for the wagon area and the original window sticker! Tire melting, neck snapping 61K mile LT1 engine FTMFW!

Well, sorry to report this one is gone. Due to financial difficulties, my parents sold the 64K mile RMW. Guy from New York flew down and drove it like he stole it back up there. It was sweet while it lasted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.