Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New best time. ( upload added!)

I just came home to get some sleep, but have to get back to the track tomorrow. Another OSCA street car shot out.
I hit a new best of 11.64 @ 116 mph, with a 60' of 1.64. Full exhaust c/w converters and full interior.
Qualifying runs were today, eliminations start tomorrow.
Talk to you guys tomorrow.
Regards,
Matt.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Damn, very nice!

Good luck at the track again.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
Very nice :) !

KW

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wow nice time and thats a great short bro.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
awesome job! that is basically how fast i would like to go eventually.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Very good! .......ESPECIALLY considering the not-so-spectacular short time. You're making some power!
What was your 60' on the 11.59 pass?

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Like Pat said ^^^^

11.64 with 'only' a 1.64 60 ft time means you're doing big things at the top end!

Congrats on the 11.59

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great work I just want a 12 second pass next summer or eventually. You an Mr Gish are great inspiration to complete a project.

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Congrats, very nice!!

Sean

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
60' foot time was 1.63 for the 11.59. And,,,,,,did I heard someone say Sundowner? I have not been there in about 10 years!! I am about due!!. Although my wife substitutes at home very well, I can't complain.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was also sent a video of one of my passes. I was trying to run in the 11.90 class but the jetting I had was causing me to run too fast. Even with the window switch set at 3900rpm, I was still breaking 11.81.
So,,,, I tried to go just a little smaller, say removing 25 hp with of power, but I went right down to a 12.05. Unfortunately, when I ran that pass, it was against this Ford that was driven but this older smuge SOB. At the track, racers talk amongst each other and USUALLY get along. This guy came over to ask me if I was running open Comp, because he was wondering if he would have another chance to take me down again. I thought at first he was joking, but he was up right ignorant and was not making a joke about it.
I will post up the video, but I apologize to you guys that you will have to see him get the best of me with his 11.98 to my 12.05.
I have already set my sights on him for the 18 and 19 of September. I WILL be calling him out, through the track officials, as a grudge match.
I understand, win some, loose some, but revenge on a person like that, will be sweet.
Matt.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I hope he throws a rod after you beat him because I hate excuses. But look on the brights side you made his day only to ruin his month later Good Luck an get video of ford beatdown!!!:D

·
Registered
466 Posts
I was also sent a video of one of my passes. I was trying to run in the 11.90 class but the jetting I had was causing me to run too fast. Even with the window switch set at 3900rpm, I was still breaking 11.81.
So,,,, I tried to go just a little smaller, say removing 25 hp with of power, but I went right down to a 12.05. Unfortunately, when I ran that pass, it was against this Ford that was driven but this older smuge SOB. At the track, racers talk amongst each other and USUALLY get along. This guy came over to ask me if I was running open Comp, because he was wondering if he would have another chance to take me down again. I thought at first he was joking, but he was up right ignorant and was not making a joke about it.
I will post up the video, but I apologize to you guys that you will have to see him get the best of me with his 11.98 to my 12.05.
I have already set my sights on him for the 18 and 19 of September. I WILL be calling him out, through the track officials, as a grudge match.
I understand, win some, loose some, but revenge on a person like that, will be sweet.
Matt.

i guess im going to have to take a trip down there and watch, and be there to cheer you on.
i guess you have done you passes at Cayuga(tmp)? im actually headed out there tonight to have some test and tune time before any minor engine work over the winter.
nice times btw :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sh8kinss,
That would be great. You are right, the passes and runs I have been making and competing in is at Cayuga, ( Toronto Motor Sports Park).
It would be great to meet some follow members.
I think that will be on my next agenda. I know there are members on here from all over. I am going to try and keep tabs on any events that anyone on here is planning.
I have a 2005 Chevy 3500 completely loaded. I used it to take my car to Virginia Motorsports Park. Ashley Force wanted to meet me there to take me out for lunch. (Just Kidding!, my inlaws live 20 minutes from the track).
But it would be nice to be able to attend some events and put some faces to some names.
Keep it in the back of your mind, the next event at TMP is Sept. 18 and 19 for OSCA. I will be there looking for the Ford.
Now,,, I will see if I can get that video uploaded.
Goodluck at the track.
Regards.
Matt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts