Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone. havent been on much posting but i come on alot and check out everyones stuff. its a great community here and finally i bought another caprice after my last one being totaled and the other i sold. this one is for keeps. its a great car just have some problems. 1: my gas gauge doesnt work(thinkin its the sending unit??) 2:my oil level low light comes on and stays on sometimes and sometimes it doesnt come on(the cars oil is full and good) well on to the pics

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
Love that color... Everytime I see one, it makes me wish I had a reason to keep mine. Looks like yours is a little cleaner than mine. If mine was that clean, I would be keeping it.

As for the gauge. Does it read FULL all the time, or does it always say empty? One of mine seems to get stuck in a few spots. I think I might have bent the lever in the tank when I put it back in. On one of mine, the float got stuck in the FULL position, and refused to leave there. I would think it's the sender, or possibly a bad ground. I forget where the ground is. Inside the trunk, on the hinge?

I know the low coolant light on one of mine keeps popping on, I bet it's a similar problem. It's not to hard to swap out the sensor at the oil pan. Or it might just be a contact issue.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
whats up everyone. havent been on much posting but i come on alot and check out everyones stuff. its a great community here and finally i bought another caprice after my last one being totaled and the other i sold. this one is for keeps. its a great car just have some problems. 1: my gas gauge doesnt work(thinkin its the sending unit??) 2:my oil level low light comes on and stays on sometimes and sometimes it doesnt come on(the cars oil is full and good) well on to the pics

Me like's...,me like's alot!!

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
What's holding the radiator down? Or was that a work in progress pic. :D

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!

dont know bout the lift color is PERFECT

·
Registered
2,639 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
nice choice, when money permits, ill be doing a lot of shaving and consider bagging
what color is that? it looks different than ppm, here a old pic of my ppm

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not sure the color just bought the car as is. the car needs body work and tlc! here is a picture of one of my old caprices car was sold for a high amount so took the money i miss this car alot

·
Registered
54 Posts
That is real clean! Nice car... Both of them. I am looking for another caprice since I sold my last one. I really miss it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts