Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 95 caprice my gas gauge doesnt work maybe the sending unit i was thinkin. and the oil level light stays on even thos the oil is full and good. the a/c doesnt blow it blows the fuse as soon as i turn the air on. any help is greatly appreciated thanks guys

·
Registered
11,109 Posts
For the fuel gauge, check for 0-90 ohms at the purple wire on the tank cable, and at the instrument cluster connector. If it is infinity, you have an open in the sender, or wire. If it is between 0 and 90, you have a bad gauge or corroded connection at the cluster.

The oil level sensor is on the left side of the oil sump. The circuit goes through the powertrain control module. I do not have a further schematic. The next time you change your oil you can R&R the sender. They are not very expensive. If you check your oil regularly, you can just remove the light from the cluster.

The fan problem is probably the fan itself, or a chaffed and shorted wire. There are not a lot of parts between the fuse and the fan, except for the switch. You can remove the fan from inside the car under the passenger's side of the dash. Try running it directly from the battery when removed. If it is shorted you will know immediately.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts