Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's "wings", by the way (not sings). And in case anyone wonders about the "new convert" subject... I always drove the boxy ones daily. I never really thought to buy one of these LT1 cars. What an idiot I was.

Adam

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Adam welcome to the forum. Your pics didn't come up in your other posts. Try using the edit feature and fixing the two other posts. Where in NY are ya?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny, I can see 'em in both of the posts (didn't mean to do it that way). I'm in Hyde Park.

Adam

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to see you here, Adam. Your pic isn't working, so I took the liberty....

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice Adam. I like it. Are you gona mod it. Or leave her alone?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty. Don't you just love seeing them sitting there stock and so innocent like, not knowing how much modding might happen to them?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Purty car... DCM looks good on any B ... er D-Body. :cool: Congrats on the purchase!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Fred.... I don't know what I did wrong, but anyway, she'll stay stock for now. After I get a pesky water leak fixed, I'll probalby upgrade the ignition and intake, get rid of the godawful "first base/home plate" stuff, then after the winter, I think a set of SS springs with some nice five spokes would be in order.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Um, would this water leak happen to be in the trunk?
Mike

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No. I've read of issues with that. Mine is coming from a seam in the cowl area.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the digital camera did justice to the dcm <borat accent> i like </borat accent> :D

You would be surprised what a set of gears and a tune will do to make that boat move. I just finished getting my 9c1 with atrociously high gears out of the shop and i swear the fwb whips its arse off the line.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<borat voice> the color I like!!! How much??? <borat voice>

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got her for a great price... $4800. These cars are amazing. This is my 15th Caddy, and by far my favorite as a driver. I'd like to do some mild mods to increase the get up and go (not that it really needs it), for now, a set of snows for winter driving and some new shocks will have to do.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet car! Do a search on "drip hose" for more info drip hose mod this is the most common water leak 99% of the time. On mine the elbow fell off and all of that water was coming right in. If that's not the problem it couild be a seam leak. I had a bad seam leak on my S-10 Xtreme with a large gap in the sheet metal in the passenger side door jam. So anything posible.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. My leak is similar to your Extreme, wheelz. It was in a cowl seam, but that drip hose mod looks like a good idea, just the same! On another note... am I the only guy who still wants to use whitewalls? I'll join the crowd and go for some nice rims and lower profile tires come spring, but for now I'd like to keep the white stripes. Where do you find snow tires for these with a white stripe?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, I have wire wheels with white walls on mine. I too plan on up grading to an 18" wheel package come spring along with some low profile tires. I will probable keep the wires and white walls (235/75/15) for winter.

When I figure out how to download pics, I'll attach.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I seem to have problems with adding photos as well. How do the 235/75/15's fit? Any problems with them being taller?

Adam

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
These cars still look great with OEM-like whitewalls--to some, it's the only way to have it. There are still quite a few all season choices, but I'm not too sure if anyone makes a winter specific whitewall in this size. They're mostly all just blackwalls.

Are winter treads really a necessity where you live?

As for the other question, 235-75's usually fit fine, they're just a bit taller so they throw the speedo off just a tad. That's what they used on limo's and other fleet models from time to time, so it's a fairly common thing. No real reason to change to that, though, unless you absolutely can't find tires in the stock size.

[ 11-28-2006, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: caddyguy109 ]

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The 235/75/15 fit ok, there sure is a lot of tire scrub and body lean with this size. I should have went with the 70 series instead.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts