Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Fleetwood front bumper mod idea

So my wife is in Australia for a few weeks on business travel, so I had some time to work on the Fleetwoods this weekend. I seen this mod on some Smart cars rear bumpers, so I thought I would give it a shot on my Smart Fleetwood since I dont personally care of the front bumper push bar things.

Super easy to make and install will not come off unless you unbolt them.
The small spikes are chrome plastic covers for 3/4 nuts and cost about $2.00 each.
I only did one side today, takes about 5 mins to change back.
Tell me if you like them or not?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
what's the point (get it), but seriously- what's the point?

Sent from my Commodore64, excuse typos & brevity.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
When you remove the nerf bumperettes for whatever reason, then you have to do something with the leftover hole(s). I removed mine and had the holes welded over and smoothed, then painted the bumper to give the front a more contemporary fascia look. The only alternates are some sort of visual feature as above, or a carriage head bolt -- which looks rather unfinished and 'tacky'. That' the point. ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
stainless carriage head bolts here no tackiness here..

those pointy things must hurt if your working on the front of the car and catch one on you knee lol

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Dracula's Car? Throw some saw blades in the grill and enter her in a Deathrace. >:)

Seriously, if you like the look better than the push bars, then that's all that matters.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the comments, I have a few new chrome bumper bolts somewhere, I may put on in the other side and compare.

I was thinking more like a Madmax Fleetwood with flame thrower out the exhaust.

More pics to come, been busy painting the DGGM one.

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
And a sunroof with a browning 50 cal. mounted on the roof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts