Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today I bought my first Fleetwood. it's a '95 brougham with 145,000 miles descent condition overall just a few issues. 1 no interior lights come on when I open the door, it triggers the door ajar light and the lights com on manually with the dimmer switch. 2 the radio doesnt turn off when I turn the car off and open the door. if anyone can help with these I would greatly appreciate it, so far I'm loving it, it rides so smooth and has so much power it's just awesome.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
It may be an issue with the Central Control Module (CCM). It is in the trunk against the backseat and controls many convenience functions. Sounds like you scored well if those are the only issues.

In any case treat yourself to a Factory Service Manual. The diagnostics routines are pretty good. The fix could be something cheap and easy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so is that something I could pull out of another one at the junkyard? and if so would it have to another 95? also the brake light is on, could that come on if the system needs to be bled? because it could really use a good bleed.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
so is that something I could pull out of another one at the junkyard? and if so would it have to another 95? also the brake light is on, could that come on if the system needs to be bled? because it could really use a good bleed.
I believe CCM's are specific to the car. They 'learn' the car and then are unusable. You'll have to buy a new or refurb unit.

The red brake light? It means either your parking brake is on or you have a failure in the brake hydraulic system, which is extremely dangerous!

[rant]The driver test needs to be more like the commercial license test, where you have to actually KNOW what all the gauges and warnings are and be able to explain them, as well as walk around the vehicle, perform a basic inspection and tell the examiner what you're looking for.[/rant]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so i just went and ran the climate control diagnostics and this is what I got
-01:122,125,128
-05:153
-08:158
-13:59
-16:148
-17:128
-18:-117
-19:-128
-20:45
-21:84
-22:100
-23:60
-24:77
-25:47
-26:85
-28:157
-29:29
-30:137
-31:75
-34:128
-35:128
-36:16
-37:50
-38:04
I have no idea if any of those mean anything but if they do, I would greatly appreciate and explanation

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Either pop for the FSM (which will be worth 10-100X what you pay for it), or, just do a Search for the listing of all diagnostics codes. First I've heard the CCM box is vehicle-specific.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I've narrowed down the light and radio problem to the door switch in the drivers door cause now the light work with the other doors, so where is the switch? I've looked all around the door jam and can't find anything

·
Registered
523 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts