Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this 94 Fleetwood last week super, super cheap, needs a engine due to engine knock has 160k, brand rebuilt transmission,fuel pump,Radiator, Starter, ect
Grey slick top with black leather interior, has zero rust even in the usually areas and the underside look new, it has some door dings and small dents in the lower chrome, interior is very nice except for the cracked dash pad. Even has original Cadi floor mats that were never used.
Looking to swap a 6.0 LS from a 05 Chevy van I just bought for the engine or 383LT1 build and maybe swap a Impala SS front end on it, move up the mirrors to 95/6 style, SS wheels and raise the rear end a bit, upgrade springs, shocks and sway bars, and drive it.

I know the D body frame is longer, but is the front half the same length and width as a bbody car. I always thought the added 6 inches was in the back seat.
I know the front doors are the same shape and interchangeable, looks like the front radiator is the same.

Anyone ever done this swap.
Here are some pics of the car
Are the front and rear rubber bumper molding still sold anywhere?

Thanks for any info. Looks like this will be my winter build this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
5.6" longer WB, I understand about 1 to 1 1/2" of that is just forward of the firewall.

The plastic surround molding ain't gonna be normal dealer stock by now. Can always hunt RockAuto, dealer NOS or e-bay though. And Fred of course.

You got the bones of a decent driver there.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
wb

From the lower front control arm the the firewall body mount is 67 millimeters longer than the B-body frame and puts the wheels at an awkward location while using said sheetmetal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts