Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant show pictures of the front yet until I get the hood painted.

Just a brief story of why I have it, I always loved these cars and kick myself for not buying one sooner. I had to get a kid hauler and the solution hit me like a ton of bricks. Its not exactly cherry but its in good shape, I need to do some paint work on everything the sun affects but its still a clean car. It was driven by a little old lady and only has 115k on the odometer.

I already had problems with optispark, I put a new cap and rotor on it and luckily it fixed the problem.

· Premium Member
170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Where are you in AZ? I am located in Tucson, and I have a 96 BBB and I have been working on it for a couple of years, real close to making it street legal. If you need anything you know where you can find me if your close!

· Registered
138 Posts
Niiice! 2nd person from AZ signing up this week :)

I also used the "safe car to transport the family" angle with my wife when I picked up my B4U Cappy.

Lot's of great info on here, there are quite a few AZ peeps active on the board, and more lurking.

Good luck with your build!

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum!
Where are you in AZ? I am located in Tucson, and I have a 96 BBB and I have been working on it for a couple of years, real close to making it street legal. If you need anything you know where you can find me if your close!
Im over in in Morenci right outside of Safford but I am in Tuscon all the time, I was just down there a couple weeks ago trying to buy another Impala SS. Some ****head guy quit awnsering his phone as soon as I got down there.

Im going to assume BBB means "blown big block", that sounds bad ass. I would love to see that car, im actually a big block fan ever since I got the 454SS. First thing I thought when I popped the hood on my car was "I wonder if I could get a gen VI big block in there?"

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Niiice! 2nd person from AZ signing up this week :)

I also used the "safe car to transport the family" angle with my wife when I picked up my B4U Cappy.

Lot's of great info on here, there are quite a few AZ peeps active on the board, and more lurking.

Good luck with your build!
There is a ton of these cars in Arizona for some reason, I will post some pictures later of my neighbors garage. A couple years ago I lived down the street from a guy that had like 10 of these cars all in awesome shape crammed in a garage. He also had a ex Phoenix police department car he had all tricked out called Shamu.

My wife was trying to buy a 02 Land Rover to haul kids around and it was keeping me up at night, just imagining trying to keep that pile of **** on the road gave me nightmares. We considered a boxy Cherokee after barrowing my Moms late model sport version for a while but its just too boring for me. Impala so far is an excellent family transporter, I can put the car seat behind me and still stretch my legs out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.