Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
@Shammoosnewdriver If you don't mind me asking, why are you getting rid of the TPI system? I have one going in my 91 wagon, so I'm curious why you're swapping it out.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Ok, that makes sense for sure. The long runners on a stock TPI do tend to restrict high end hp. I'm replacing with my factory TBI 305 with a TPI 350, I'm planning on using a much more modern EFI setup with a 411 PCM, though your new EFI looks much simpler lol. I'm only looking for around 300hp though, so the TPI should work for me.

there is no such thing as a 4L65
Sorry, but I do believe you're misinformed here?
The 4L65E is definitely a real GM transmission, came in vehicles like the 04'-06' GTO, and the 05' Vette. 4L65E Transmission Specs and Updates - Gearstar
it's an internet myth that 5 pinion planets are stronger than 4 pinions. They are actually weaker and if they are non-gm 5 pinions they are total garbage.
I can't speak for GM vs aftermarket trans parts, but a 5 pinion planetary should be capable of taking 25% more power, if all else is equal (material alloys, design, ect.) I have my doubts that a 5 pinion planetary would be weaker than a 4 pinion, outside of weaker material choices.

Reactions: Shammoosnewdriver
1 - 2 of 2 Posts