Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
I would suggest you make a project car build thread for this. It'll keep all of your content in one place, and if you ever need to sell it, provides a great spot to point people to documentation.

Don't worry about the transmission for now. Get it running, make sure the shifts are crisp but smooth, and you'll be fine. Eventually I would get a line pressure gauge and monitor for fluctuations in line pressure which will quietly kill your trans before you feel it.
i'm actually gonna disagree here. this is a 700R4 with a TV cable. going to an aftermarket throttle body the throttle geometry needs to be correct or the trans will burn up. i ran a 200-4r on a 2bbl carb and used the th350 "kickdown" stud. while i could get the cable tight @ wot, the part throttle geometry was never correct and a rebuilt unit only lasted me about 2 years of daily driving duties.

I would hook a trans gauge up before I did anything and make sure you get instant pressure rise @ any throttle movement. i would also get a throttle geometry correction kit and verify it with GM literature that has been floating around the internet for 20+ years.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
It could have been a Buick or Chevy.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Holley makes a bolt on arm to work the cable. It is designed to provide the same travel as the GM linkage. I have one on my 454, and it works correctly.

Reactions: Shammoosnewdriver

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
The bracket has instruction with it. I have one on my 454, and it works as it is supposed to.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The bracket has instruction with it. I have one on my 454, and it works as it is supposed to.
Except that you had to get your transmission rebuilt recently??? i dont take chances, it takes a few minutes to measure the geometry to see if it's right. got burned by this with Edelbrock linkage a decade ago. edelbrock said it would work. the Internet said it would work. it didn't work.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts