Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I FINALLY got around to piecing together the fuel system for the SS. Now I can get a FAST system next month, and start piecing together my TT383.

Here are some pics, Some of the fittings (ANOTUFF black) are still in a box, but this the the meat of the system.

I know the picture quality isn't great, oh well.

Hopefully by July, I can have it all put in along with a FAST computer. Will post pics of the progress.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am starting up a motorsports shop here locally, and I just hired a guy out of Pennsylvania.

He is a DSM guy (has a talon that runs 9.9 at 147 here at 5k feet), but can fabricate anything to fit anything. You can kind of see the corner of a turbo header he built for one of my other employees 2.3liter turbo mustang. He is an excellent fabricator, and is a turbo freak.

I am pretty sure we are going to do a Twin Turbo setup in my car. I want to go with 2 of the dual ball bearing gt-40r turbos, so I have instant boost, and a very drivable car. He wants me to go bigger, we will see where it ends up, LOL.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd say turbo lag and driveability vs max power.

As for your pic's of the parts are the subs there to agitate the fuel to promote removal of debris by the filters?? ;) :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My biggest concern is lag. I want to have as little as possible. I want it to drive like a factory turbocharged vehicle. The 2 small BB turbos will spool very quickly. It will also be easier to package 2 small compressors on an impala, instead of one large one IMO.

The cons are one large turbo could make more total HP, and would also be cheaper.

My goal is 1k hp to the ground,with a broad flat TQ band. One single could easily surpass the HP, but would have a hard time coming on down low to make a nice flat TQ band.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Bullyveldt:
I'd say turbo lag and driveability vs max power.

As for your pic's of the parts are the subs there to agitate the fuel to promote removal of debris by the filters?? ;) :D
LOL. Nah, I have all the stuff at my store, and thats just where I layed them all out for the pic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nathan, I see you were running the Kenny Bell BAP. A friend recently gave me one to use with my N20. What changes to fuel pressure or volume did you notice with the BAP?

Also, that's a KICKER of a new fuel system you have there. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.