Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get my 94 9c1 back on tuesday from the shop. It had a miss and eventually stopped running because the wiring to the fuel pump burnt up. It got new spark plugs,spark plug wires, fuel pump, fuel pump relay and rear brakes. The rear end got sent out to get 3.73 and posi! Wooohoo no more one wheel wonder! My best quarter mile time previously is 16.1. I was just curious what you guys thought my better running caprice with the new rear end would run now? How much will the gears help out? This is at 7000 feet above sea level. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm going to get my 94 9c1 back on tuesday from the shop. It had a miss and eventually stopped running because the wiring to the fuel pump burnt up. It got new spark plugs,spark plug wires, fuel pump, fuel pump relay and rear brakes. The rear end got sent out to get 3.73 and posi! Wooohoo no more one wheel wonder! My best quarter mile time previously is 16.1. I was just curious what you guys thought my better running caprice with the new rear end would run now? How much will the gears help out? This is at 7000 feet above sea level. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks
from what i have seen, you should drop up to a half second with 373s. at least a 1/4 sec at a minimum

·
Registered
892 Posts
Low gear like 3.73 is the best, and most cost-effective mod you can make. I don't know about in quarter mile but it feels a lot faster.

Stock 9C1 of that vintage came with 3.08, same as SS, unless the engine was the smaller 4.3L, then you got 3.23.

Now pre-94 9C1 with L05 came with 3.42's interestingly enough.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweeet. I dont get it back till tomoro. I cannot wait to drive it again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts