Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I was twin turbo lq4 swapping a 94 9c1 caprice. Damn near done, but looking at all the rust really discouraged me. So flew to dallas and drove this 950 miles straight home.

The crapice had impala ss wheels, bigger sway bars, bilstiens, some sort of aftermarket lower control arms, and eibach lowering springs. Got that stuff on the fleetwood.

Here is the engine bay of the crapice. 2003 6.0 lq4 out of an 03 express van. Head studs only. On3 70mm turbos. Tial 44mm gates. Huge intercooler that was a prototype from a friends shop. 120lb injectors. Gonna run e85. Gotta get the rest of the crapice sold so I can get the fleetwood in the garage and engine in.

Should be a fun ride. Almost hate to pull this lt1 out, it runs so damn good. Gonna have a few questions about fleetwood specific stuff!!!!

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Sounds awesome.
There is another twin turbo fleetwood here by hody87. His thread may have some tips for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet! That must be the guy who's youtube vids I found. I will read through that thread when I have some time. I have been searching this forum a ton, can't believe I didn't run across it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went 15.91 with a passenger. Think I could shave a few tenths without the passenger and spare and a better launch.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Found a 94 roadmaster wagon with a bad engine. Might go take a look at it to see how crusty it is and put the fleetwood lt1 in it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love your engine swapping prowess. Keep iT up. We'll need to see that Caddy launching Wheels up soon!
I don't know if prowess is the right word, but I can usually make things work.....

Hopefully get some air under one tire anyways. Moser ford 9" is in the works....we will see how the stock 4l80e/shift kit holds up.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I just heard about this car from Djay, who I guess sold you a transmission recently? I am absolutely speechless, man. I can't wait to see this thing come together.

Matt

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, got a trans from djay for the craplac! I'm gonna start a thread for that one. We should get together this spring at Byron.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gonna get going again on this after the brutal winter. And I am changing everything, lol.

Found a good deal on an 09 ly6 so I sold the 03 lq4. Build to be as follows.

09 ly6 vvt delete
Speed inc TU 1.5 cam
LS3 intake off of 11 vette
Same 70mm turbos in different locations
V banded c6 exhaust manifolds
3" downpipes with electric cutouts before it ties into oem exhaust
Tial 38mm wastegates
Air water intercooler
Racetronix 120 lb injectors
Factory fuel pump (may upgrade) along with a fuelab pump that comes on at 1psi
ARP head studs

4l80e trans/3000 stall
Moser 9" ford 3.73
c7 Vette wheels
c6 ZO6 brakes (kore3, not bought yet, tobin has been very helpful!!!!)

Who needs a nice lt1/4l60e? 115k runs great! Still in the car for now, hear it run!!

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
Honestly, I've alway felt that with the crome rocker panels the caddilacs NEED a chromed wheel.

Not that its a bad look, Its just chrome goes with chrome IMHO.

Rock on, though. I wanna see this thing run!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Honestly, I've alway felt that with the crome rocker panels the caddilacs NEED a chromed wheel.

Not that its a bad look, Its just chrome goes with chrome IMHO.

Rock on, though. I wanna see this thing run!
I agree and the wheels need to get refinished eventually since one was scuffed up during shipping. But that is on the bottom of the list.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Changed up again! Single S480. A friend was changing his car, and I fell into this kit.

Hot side, intercooler, and intercooler ducting.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts