Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Special thanks go out to certain members of the B/D-body community for their support and cooperation in the development of this product...you folks know who you are.

That quote is worth its weight in gold.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those look beefy, congradulations guys on getting something like this out there. Will these mount the earlier rotors you've been pining over Bill or are the C5 rotors thicker?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it will be eventually possible for this hub to be used for a direct-fit replacement HD slip-on 12" x 1.25" rotor--but the correct rotor doesn't exist--yet. It's being pursued, and will take some time....you'll hear more about it at the appropriate time. At least I hope so!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CTS-V clampers to go with all the C5 goodness.
and a linky for pad info;

<looking for nice closeup of XLR calipers>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MAGS--Yes they can, but the rotors will need to be machined with the larger center bore and 5x5 pattern.

Were you looking for a 4.75" pattern? I would think they (KORE3) might offer that on a limited run, but the hub OD will probably not be reduced from 3.060--these are made with more material because the B/D cars are heavier.

James, the XLRv caliper, same as C6 PBR 2-piston, with a different paint job, is viewable here:

http://www.infocoches.com/fotos/cadillac/2006-XLRV/4/20340/

http://www.infocoches.com/fotos/cadillac/2006-XLRV/4/20317/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
doh, sometimes I think my brain is toast. Dunno how I went off on that tangent, maybe it was the Brembos ;) Could it be living with two women ?
Bandwidth hungry links taken out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bill have you had one of these in your hand yet ? Just wondering what you thought. Looks dang good in the photo. Now I need to see you about my rear c5 set up :D I may get this done before Indy WOO-HOO! Tobin sent an email that there will be a core charge on the reluctor rings.... so guys start saving your old rotors! :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, not yet, but that will change.

I can tell you that the standard KORE3 hubs for all other GM applications are 0.690" thick at the wheel mounting flange and this HD version is a full 1.00" thick. These are definitely "ruggedized", with roughly 20% more material overall.

I'll have a pair in my future plans for the Impala...working on another brake system "upgrade"...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Think there will be enough thickness to machine the inner wheel bearing area larger for the BR5 bearing?

Thanks,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sleeper, that's one I can't answer--I suggest you have a conversation with KORE3.

The question in what you're considering that comes to my mind is what is the difference in distance between the inner & outer bearings on the knuckle for your application and the B-body knuckle? Even if there IS enough material to install the BR5, is the spindle (possibly) too long?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does this company also make the rear brake conversion brackets? Also what does it cost to have your rotor machined to fit the hubs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MAGS--they do make C5 rear conversion brackets, but the kit does not retain the park brake. I don't know if the KORE3 kit will fit the B-body. I suggest you contact them, or check it out on their website.

As far as rotor machining, I'd say in the $20-$30 range, maybe as little as $35 a pair, but it will vary by location, shop rate, etc. I could be way off...

If you're interested in what else is available for the rear brakes (what I'm using), contact me by PM or e-mail.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you "need" that 383 or deep gears? And how many wagons can you drive at one time, anyway???

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.