Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI im new to the forum and looking for a wagon.looked at a 94 rmw today with 120k on the clock,pulls to the right,leaking heater core and alot of cosmetic problems.last week i looked at a 96 rmw 78k black no wood and lots of rot .are any clean ones left in NY or do i have to travel.thanks

·
Registered
633 Posts
Welcome aboard. Cant answer much regarding northern cars but here in tn and below the rot is not a major issue.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Welcome :)

Nor East is known for rust issues so traveling might be a necessity. I'd imagine if money were no object there's a few clean low mileage wagons around your area.

Check craigslist, AutoTrader and eBay for anything available or right here on this site in the For Sale section might be your best bet.

It sounds like you're looking for a RMW. I've got a '94 Caprice LT1 wagon for sale that I just dumped a lot of $ into.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You will probably have to travel out of state to find a decent car, they are few and far between in NY. New England area cars are not too bad, and PA. cars are better, but further south is your best option. Where in NY. are you located? I'll keep my eyes open.

Mike

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
"5ow" has a Caprice wagon for sale in Florida. Low mileage, well equipped. light blue with light blue interior, LT1. I think it is a 94.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
for the premium you pay for a low/no rust wagon in the NE you can fly down south and drive one back and still come out ahead. just my .02

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im in queens,15 minutes from manhattan.traveling seems like the best idea but work and family life keep me close to home.thanks for all the responses.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
keep looking. seen a few nice ones come out of NJ. Even bought one that was sold at a dealer in Sea Girt and it was really clean although not sure how soon after it made it's way to Florida.

Heck flights are cheap to FL from NY..... :) You find one down here I'll go check it for ya (gotta feed the jones somehow). if it's reasonably close.

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
I would consider driving one up to you for a small fee, and an airplane ride back. I live on the west coast of FL near Clearwater.

If you take a winter vacation, you could drive one home with all your stuff.

I picked my red wagon up in Detroit, and drove it back. Left at 11:00 AM Friday in a plane, was back in FL by 4:30 PM Sat. 1100 miles. It is an ex-florida car that was never driven in snow.

5ow lives about a half mile from me if you are interested in his car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts