Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in, so if it is not, please send me to the right area!

I'm the original owner of a 96 Impala SS. I've kept it bone stock (had 3 87 GN's to play with). Well, the itch has got me, and I've decided I want to at least do some minor mods. Is there a section of the forum I can read up on about this? I tried the search function, but I believe the loss of data has pretty much erased all of the useful information correct?

The car has been pretty much garaged and driven here and there. It has about 90k miles on it. As it stands, it's sitting in a garage in Hawaii but I'm having it sent up to me in CA.

So, anyone want to help point me in the right direction on which mods to start with, etc? I know nothing about the LT1, or modifying these cars, but I'm excited to be a part of this community and to learn everything I can. Thanks!

· Registered
89 Posts
A Good Place to start

There is a Sticky post at the top of this section on how to make your B-Body goes faster. http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=228114

Your own budget is the major limiting factor, next followed by your mechanical ability. (As it is with us all)... :)

Start with Tune-Up, Air Box mods or new air intake, exhaust, torque convertor, gear. You can complete many mods first, that will complement other mods if you choose to do so at a later date.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a Sticky post at the top of this section on how to make your B-Body goes faster. http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=228114

Your own budget is the major limiting factor, next followed by your mechanical ability. (As it is with us all)... :)

Start with Tune-Up, Air Box mods or new air intake, exhaust, torque convertor, gear. You can complete many mods first, that will complement other mods if you choose to do so at a later date.
Wow do I feel stupid now (after seeing the link above). Thanks for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.