Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the DDM kit today with 6k 35w...Put new Street trends lenses in, Put hids in while I was at it...Turn the lights on and nothing! Did a search but didnt find much about both not turning on to start with...My kit in my caprice worked just fine, but those were from snakeys buisness so Idk im annoyed...Any thing I should check for? I really dont want to have to buy a $120 harness....Thx guys

·
Registered
290 Posts
did u try switching the wires that are on the balast some kits are kinda mitched matched

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Did you install the other kit?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
^^^ I was just about to say the samething, thats why I ask if he installed the last kit him self

·
Registered
290 Posts
yea i dont know why the kits are like that that happened to me when i first installed hid kit couple years ago

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you install the other kit?
Yeah I did the other one and it came right on...

did u try switching the wires that are on the balast some kits are kinda mitched matched

you mean just switch the ballast to the other side right? I just tried that and still nothing , Damn I was all excited thinking the whole driveway was going to light up lol...

Think I might take the kit out of the caprice and try it in the impala tommorow to see if its wiring in the Impala thats bad or if the kit is...

Thanks for the replies guys, keep em coming if you think of other problems..thx-Steve

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Super Moderator
6,000 Posts
No, that means take the wires out of the connectors and change them to the 9004 configuration.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Wiring might need to be reversed:

Thank you for posting this picture. Im having issues with mines. The high beams come on but no low beam.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I just replaced my HID from DDMtuning (6K 35W as well) I bought the extra harness as well. (not sure which one I ended up using to be honest) I know the one I originally stuck on didn't have the right connectors for the bollasts.

I would say if they are not lighting up at all then...

1. Check the battery connections. Make sure you are getting a power as well as connecting to a good ground. Usually right between the battery and the headlight is a good ground.

2. Wire the blue connector (Don't know the techinical name for it) as shown in the previous pictures.

3. Try turning the headlights on and off a few times

4. switch the bollasts

5. repeat step 3

Only problem I had with mine was the driver side didn't want to turn on at first. I swapped the bollasts and they both work.

I'll post pics of mine in the morning. (and my old set up which is also from DDM)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I tried everything mentioned...Switched the wire around in the blue thing to make black connect to black, switched eveything possibly around...Then Nothing, Im dissapointed that I would even have to maybe switch wires around...I just didn't feel like going through the hassle of switching the one from my caprice out and maybe messing those up...

·
Registered
849 Posts
Flip the connection going from the ballast to the bulb. I made this mistake helping install my brothers RMS. I think that will be your problem. If that doesn't work, send it all back and ask for a replacement. You may have fried the ballast.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Flip the connection going from the ballast to the bulb. I made this mistake helping install my brothers RMS. I think that will be your problem. If that doesn't work, send it all back and ask for a replacement. You may have fried the ballast.

Damn couldnt you have checked this thread yesterday? Lol it worked! 2 hours of frustration and swapping and I was sooooo close.. lol damn this is what fullname was probly talking about too... did not think it was even possible to turn it around bc how it is suppose to snap in...Thx alot!

·
Registered
849 Posts
lol I'm sorry! :) We sat there for literally 2 hours flipping stuff and replacing the HID assembly back to stock and then back to the HID assembly. All I could have done was just look at my car and be finished. oh well, next time will be faster!

happy modding!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hahaha yeah thanks again , it made my day when those lights came on...I couldnt stop trying to fix it/thinking about it

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I know what you mean. when I flipped mine on and only 1 turned on... I almost had a moment of weakness.

Glad to hear you got'em working!:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts