Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ISSCA Board of Directors met last weekend in Indianapolis to continue work on planning for the 2006 national event to be held there, as well as other business of the national club. On the agenda was the appointment of a new Director from the western US.

It is my privilege to announce that the ISSCA Board of Directors has appointed Noel Haro, of Culver City, CA, as interim Director from Region 2 (the states of California, Nevada, and Hawaii, as well as members in Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and Oceana). Noel will fill the spot and complete the 2003-2005 term of Les Brown, who previously served as Director. Noel intends to run for a two-year term in the upcoming election, and with the support of his fellow Region 2 ISSCA members, will seek to be on the Board of Directors through 2006 and 2007.

In addition, the BoD elected Noel to serve as the new Treasurer of ISSCA. Noel has skills and experience that will serve us well in the job of ISSCA Treasurer. He is an accountant for a large LA law firm, and everyone who knows him sees that he has the patience and energy the job requires. Noel drives a '95 SS 383 as a member of Cali-SS, and is not only active in his local group, but often travels throughout Region 2.

I look eagerly forward to serving alongside Noel in Region 2 in representing ALL members of ISSCA to the national leadership. Drop Noel a note at [email protected] and let him know we appreciate his stepping up to do this important work for the club!

Rick D. Williams
'96 BBB - "SSonic beaSSt"
Region of DOOM - Sparks/Reno
ISSCA #606
Region 2 Director

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations Noel, and thank you for stepping up to the plate! I think you're going to be a great addition to the board!

-dW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
congrats and thank you noel. i'm happy to see more folks who participate on the forum regularly also becoming board members. as discussed at MM, not all members of the forum are issca members and some feel that issca board members who are not active on the forum are out of touch with the majority. this addition and others may help to bridge those concerns.
rock on, rus

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by SSee SSpot Run:
not all members of the forum are issca members and some feel that issca board members who are not active on the forum are out of touch with the majority. this addition and others may help to bridge those concerns.
Both of my region's directors (region 8) spend very, very little time on this forum (but one of the directors spends gobs of time on the NAISSO forum). OTOH, they are both involved with the SS clubs in my region. Personally, I'd rather have them in touch with the concerns/wants of the B-body owners in their region than have them paying heavy attention to the "majority" views expressed on this forum. Memembers of OASIS, KISS and IndipalaSS elected them, not the members of ISSF. Speaking of elections, I believe the ISSCA region 8 election ballot will have two non-ISSF regulars on the ballot, again.

That said, I think it is great that Noel is now on the ISSCA board.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I am excited to serve on the board and do what I believe is best for the club and its members.

Indy was a great meeting and I forsee good changes in the coming year that will benefit both ISSCA and its members.

If there's ever a concern about the club, please contact your director or send me an email. I'll be more than happy to pass it along to the rest of the board.

OH, and don't forget to vote... EVEN IF THERE'S ONE NAME ON THE BALLOT! Check the box and mail... takes a few seconds to do but means a lot more to the person running.

Noel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Got 'Cupcake' Bearings?:

If there's ever a concern about the club, please contact your director or send me an email. I'll be more than happy to pass it along to the rest of the board.

OH, and don't forget to vote... EVEN IF THERE'S ONE NAME ON THE BALLOT! Check the box and mail... takes a few seconds to do but means a lot more to the person running.

Noel
Congrats Noel, Breathing all that good clean lake air has worked wonders for you!

Nick
looking for the region #7 director,......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good Luck Noel - you are the man for the job !

Do you ever get up to Elliot Lake area anymore ?

Jim....still drivin' an old Chevy....!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by KC Clark:
Personally, I'd rather have them in touch with the concerns/wants of the B-body owners in their region than have them paying heavy attention to the "majority" views expressed on this forum. Memembers of OASIS, KISS and IndipalaSS elected them, not the members of ISSF.

That said, I think it is great that Noel is now on the ISSCA board.
K.C. obviously any director your region chooses should be in touch with what your region wants. there are other people on the forum, some members of issca in other regions and some contemplating becoming members who would like to know what direction issca is going. being familiar with board members is one way to make potential members feel like issca is a worthwhile club that will support their interests. more than just a few people, who i think this community values, voiced that they felt the board was out of touch at the nationals this year. i suppose if you want issca to go the way of naisso then fine you personally don't have to care but if you want to grow the club for the future or keep contributing members i think we need to start listening to concerns at the very least.
rock on, rus

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by -dW:
have you thought about running for one of the open seats? I think you'd be a good man for the job.

-dW [/QB][/QUOTE]

Been there , done that,. never before have so many, been so ungrateful, to so few, for so much done for so little.

besides, America is not ready for me yet!!
Nick<[persona non grata]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Terrific News Noel --- Congratulations !!!!

You already met many ISSCA members,
From New York - New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.