Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen this K&N outrageously priced cold air kit? Its supposed to fit the bolt on Cowl Induction hood scoop. K&N is way out in left field price wise. I don't see why the homemade Raiss system wouldn't work. The scoop is priced reasonably for those of us who live in Bum F$$K Egypt and can't afford shipping a hood.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
something about that cowl just doesnt look right...maybe toooo much of a curve

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
US $895.00 for an Intake, Okay Good F***ing Luck!

Not only that but it comes with a "sereal number" on the Bracket so you can know how many other A$$Holes got ripped off too.

·
Banned
403 Posts
Has anybody seen this K&N outrageously priced cold air kit? Its supposed to fit the bolt on Cowl Induction hood scoop. K&N is way out in left field price wise. I don't see why the homemade Raiss system wouldn't work. The scoop is priced reasonably for those of us who live in Bum F$ Egypt and can't afford shipping a hood.
This has nothing to do with K&N. The system is by Impala Studio not K&N (they just make the filter which you can by cheap from them or ebay. What you should have said was has anyone seen the K&N hood scoop kit by Impala Studio <<<they are way out in left field. Sorry I love K&N and there not to blame don't blame them the only thing on the kit thats K&N is the filter.

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
me sorry.cwm4

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Must have cost him 1800 to make the mold, sell 2 hes in the clear. He made his money back for the mold?

IDK, I dont have a problem with ISSS I love the flares I got from him.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have the scoop and this. It cost less than 300 about 3 years ago-holy price jump!!
At the time these 2 items and painting were far less than a ram air style hood when i bought this Impala(my second SS) since the hood paint was blemished and I went with it. Glad, but would not blow the farm $$ on this today. I would get a fiberglass hood maybe.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Has to be a pricing error. Someone email him. Certainly won't be me. He'll probably think I want it for my Roadmaster and it won't fit~
I don't think it's a pricing error.

I just looked at all of his auctions...

He has raised prices A LOT!

Don't worry, I won't email him either ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
This has nothing to do with K&N. The system is by Impala Studio not K&N (they just make the filter which you can by cheap from them or ebay. What you should have said was has anyone seen the K&N hood scoop kit by Impala Studio <<<they are way out in left field. Sorry I love K&N and there not to blame don't blame them the only thing on the kit thats K&N is the filter.
I was gonna say this. Kit has absolutely nothing to do with K&N except that is the filter he uses for his kit. Buy the Raiss or SSRI, better IMO with more airflow due to a larger opening for air to flow :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.