Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. Paul here from Bloomington In. 59 years old. I actually have been collecting Park Avenues for the last few years, but it turns out those were just the gateway drug to the hard stuff.I bought a 1993 Buick Roadmaster base model about three weeks ago. 98,000 miles, always garaged, (never seen a 28 year old car with so little rust underneath), near perfect paint, only minor issues of any kind. Previous owner was an 83 year old philosophy prof from Missouri. I love this automobile. I now spit on Park Avenues, (not really...I just have enough). I now find myself lusting after a 94-96 Roadmaster with the LT1 engine. The L05 in mine is just fine, but I dream of even more power. I'm sure you understand. I have a couple small issues that I will be asking advice upon. Other that that, thank you, and I'll try to post a few pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1,563 Posts
Wow. What a gorgeous undercarriage.

Many people will recommend swapping in an LS or LT engine, but that's a tough argument to make when your TBI only has 98k on it. Might as well buy an LT1 car and keep your TBI. Best of both worlds!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow. What a gorgeous undercarriage.

Many people will recommend swapping in an LS or LT engine, but that's a tough argument to make when your TBI only has 98k on it. Might as well buy an LT1 car and keep your TBI. Best of both worlds!
I agree. I'm an originalist. I'm now looking for a 94-96 with LT-1. As an aside, when I had the tires installed, (love the Cooper Cobra Radial GT's), all 4 mechanics at Firestone came over to look at the undercarriage, when the guy putting it up whistled. One pointed out a clip holding a brake line or something and said, "Wow! You NEVER see these after two or three years, they just rust away." One of them suggested it had possibly never been driven in wet weather, or seldom. He said that level of surface rust might just be humidity. Car was previously owned by a professor of Philosophy in St. Louis, MO.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1,563 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts