Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my broken factory antenna with a cheap Autozone replacement but the reception and fit was poor so I upgraded to a "Eurostyle" antenna from a late model Saturn wagon (pull a part-$3).

I mounted it in the black plastic strip where the wiper motor protrudes and it fits well. I had to cut the antenna wire to remove it from the I spliced in a section of coaxial cable left over in my basement from comcast. The reception is stronger than the cheap antenna and I think the look is smoother. The antenna unscrews from the base so it will not interfere with anything flat on the roof.

For now I have plugged the factory hole with a small plastic plug painted white but will soon weld in the hole and repaint the top of the fender.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I like it looks like a big a** rc car just remember to unscrew it before you go in a car wash

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
It looks like you have a car phone.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Get them FORD hub caps off there man, they will spread their disease infested germs to your CW and make all sorts of bad chit happen to it.
+1 Take them thingz off maaaaaan!! Dont disrespect your ride like that. They may look clean but just dont belong. P.s not tryin to play you or your ride , just hating on ford lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.