Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These look sticky... 3745X

Just ordered a pair for the black car. Last year Celeste pretty effectively used up all 3 pair of tires (slicks and DR's) that we had lying around. She will kill me (no love for a slacking pit bitch) if I don't get these mounted in time for the opening race of the season on Saturday.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My current setup, as well. I like them, and I'm running a good bit of tire pressure, and no screws, on 15x10 Holeshot, Holestars. I picked up 2 mph, with them. :D
Just curious, does the rim spin at all? Wondering whether or not I should use the coke can method to glue them to the rims.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Bill, I'm running these on the Impala. My sixtys are better, but I also pulled the front swaybar.:p As far as I can tell, they are not spinning on the rims. But then, I'm not making big horsepower, either.:)

I run anywhere from 22-25, and on a decent track prep, haven't had any hooking issues. They ride real smooth too. I swapped over to Sportsman radial skinnies, too.

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Just curious, does the rim spin at all? Wondering whether or not I should use the coke can method to glue them to the rims.
Mine have.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tires arrived today. These things look more like a full on slick than a DR. Looking forward to trying them out. Wish they made them in larger sizes. I want a 30" DR for the BBC car. A 28" tire won't have a chance on a 3,800 lbs car with 1,200 HP.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I thought I would never see the day....

Have the tire mounted dry. You should have no issues on Celeste's car.

Glad to see another DR SS out there.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Tires arrived today. These things look more like a full on slick than a DR. Looking forward to trying them out. Wish they made them in larger sizes. I want a 30" DR for the BBC car. A 28" tire won't have a chance on a 3,800 lbs car with 1,200 HP.
I'm way less power then that, but anything under 30" might not work. Maybe I'll try Frank's set and pull a bunch more timing.

Glenn, can you bring your timing in after launch?

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought I would never see the day....

Have the tire mounted dry. You should have no issues on Celeste's car.

Glad to see another DR SS out there.
See what day?

What do you mean by dry?

:confused:

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'm way less power then that, but anything under 30" might not work. Maybe I'll try Frank's set and pull a bunch more timing.

Glenn, can you bring your timing in after launch?
I will soon.

Ditching the carb. Just purchased a Holley Dominator EFI. Will have cam and crank sensor with CNP ignition capable of sequential MPFI as well as full timing control.

I'll probably get these for the BBC car...

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
We run these on mikes red wagon. Great tire. Get the permatex high tac glue. I ised to spin tires on the rim but not no more. Yellowbullet swears by it also.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Stumpy I have been using them for about a year now. The car has gone [email protected] and with them the car is pulling consistant mid 1.3 60 foot times

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
1200 should put you in the 8 second cars at that weight. You going to have it out this year?

On topic you have to laugh just a little what these companies are calling DR these days. That thing is a slick with a few slots cut in it. But they were smart enough not to line the slots up so the rubber can't separate.

I'll pay to watch someone try to drive with those in the rain:)

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
The other funny thing about the new DRs is that they're not DOT legal anymore, so can't use em on the street (legally anyway).

Nab

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1200 should put you in the 8 second cars at that weight. You going to have it out this year?
I sure hope so!

I should have been running low 9's with the 200 shot on the last build. The new EFI system will have a progressive controller, so launches should be more manageable.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I sure hope so!

I should have been running low 9's with the 200 shot on the last build. The new EFI system will have a progressive controller, so launches should be more manageable.
You'll get there I'm sure!! You went the right way for going fast which are the Big Blocks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.