Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys. Got some new numbers from Voss's ATI supercharged/TNT nitrous injected 383. 735 rear wheel horsepower, 798 rear wheel torque. Not bad eh? Bryan as always did an absolutely perfect job tuning it. We were also happy with the new blower only numbers. 590rwhp/640rwtq running 14psi. The motor is a 383 with a custom cam and Stage 2 stock iron heads.

For you guys going out to the SSHS2, this is the slowest of the 4 cars we are going to try and bring, but 3000 miles is quite a drive. We hope to make it out.

Just for reference, Sam Smith's new motor is similar to this, except stage 3 LT1 aluminum heads (30 more CFM), much bigger cam, more nitrous, 13 more psi from an ATI F1R, etc. Who said blowers can't make an Impala fast? :D

[ 08-12-2002: Message edited by: Seth ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet! Looks like I got something to shoot for Seth. Did you get my email? I had a few questions for you.

Thanks,
Mav

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So Seth, are you saying Jorge might get some competition? :D If Sam's numbers are even better, you guys are doing some awesome stuff over there!!

Now what will happen if the rules call for a single power adder?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK. I just wet my pants!
735 rear wheel horsepower, 798 rear wheel torque?
NICE video. Looks like I better start saving.

How much juice was sprayed on that run?

[ 08-12-2002: Message edited by: CalipSSo ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seth,

That is wild. Scary... especially the sound when the N20 kicked in. Wow...

I want one.

I gotta ask - it sounded like the car went through four gears. That's not a 4L60E in there, is it? Who built it? Can't imagine a long life with that kind of power going through it.

Awesome work fellas. My hat's off to ya.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SStealth:
Seth,

I gotta ask - it sounded like the car went through four gears. That's not a 4L60E in there, is it? Who built it? Can't imagine a long life with that kind of power going through it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, it sounds like it, but it's in third. One of the "shifts" is the driver just backing off and getting back on the gas real quick. It's a 4L60E in there, and we built it. Besides one little mishap, the tranny has held up great in that car. We've got the 4L60E's pretty much down to a science. They get a bad rep, but they are really not that bad of a tranny if they are built right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good LAAAUUUUUUUWWWDDDDDDD...... :D

As long as u guys don't have any L99 cars faster than me I have nothing to worry about, I'm in my own world....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seth,
Kudos for making Impala toys worth buying! The dyno video was a special treat so I watched it several times.

Question, am I seeing things in the video quality or is there a constant wiff of white cloud or smoke substance moving about just over the engine compartment on driver's side during the dyno pull?
George

Maybe it is the flash of a timing light?

[ 08-12-2002: Message edited by: XBOXROX ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CalipSSo,
I think you helped me learn something. Yes, it looks as though there is a large round fan in front of the car with blades moving. So, I learned that fans are used to provide cooling air during the WOT dyno testing?

George

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got a ride in this thing and I gotta say OH MY F**KING GOD!!!! Very impressive and that was WITHOUT THE N2O!!!

I saw plenty of 50 foot second gear burnouts from a roll around the shop. I added mine but they were only a puny 20ft and in 1st gear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that is sick,
and disgusting.

and i like it :D

what's the spec on the cam?
what's the stall speed?
what gear u have in the rear?
how streetable is the setup?

what's the mpg like for a 383 efi with blower and n2o? My guess is you can get pretty decent gss mileage on the highway and if you don't drop the hammer where ever you go.

once again great job.

David

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.