Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 117 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey Seth, (although I cannot download and view the video while here at work), it sounds like an awesome set up from the responses.
Looks like you guys may be the future for those of us who kept the 4L60E.

If you guys drive all the way to Atlanta, and then race, and then drive all the way back....you'll have 10,000 B-body customers flocking to your doors. Me included.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Man, I got wood!
Can't wait to get mine in the next few weeks!!!

Seth, I never got the email. Can you resend it? Thanks man for showing me the future.

Mav

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Got Bearings?:
I got a ride in this thing and I gotta say OH MY F**KING GOD!!!! Very impressive and that was WITHOUT THE N2O!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did you sneak off for a ride?? :(

I didn't get mine. :mad:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I feel inadequate
Man, I've got problems imagining how fast that thing must be, as it's about twice as powerful as my car...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Amazing numbers! Any idea how much extra Bryan's tuning gave you? That is, what were they before he did any tuning?
-Tim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VFLSS:
Sorry, Bob we will make sure you get one next time :D.

Sam

P.s. bring a change of clothes :D
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The only thing I can think of more impressive than those numbers, is what you are going to go through, to try and get it to hook up! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ReeseSS:
The only thing I can think of more impressive than those numbers, is what you are going to go through, to try and get it to hook up! :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike,

That's what I told Sam. That car make at least 700rwhp from 4000rpm on up!! :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 4dr LT4:
When did you sneak off for a ride?? :(

I didn't get mine. :mad:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw Seth driving it, about to make a pass behind the shop. I flagged him down and got in. I made sure I put my seatbelt on.
I don't know where you were.... OH!!!! you were probably on the street outside of the complex making some runs after fixing your minor issue.

LOOK.... another excuse to go to Vegas for the weekend!!! LOL...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Calculate HP from ET
Vehicle weight in pounds (including driver)
4400 lbs 10.58 ET in seconds

You are making :734 HP at the rear wheels and 820 HP at the flywheel.

For a 9.99

Vehicle weight in pounds (including driver)
4400 lbs 9.99 ET in seconds

You are making : 872 HP at the rear wheels and 1047 HP at the flywheel.

Looks like you need a 200 HP nitrous shot...
HEHE

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Seth, I got to view that dyno pull video today on my home computer. It is very enjoyable. That car is such a clean machine. I'm not a fan at all of larger wheels but those wheels looked good rolling on the dyno drums.

At the end of the video you can see the computer screen showing 3 pull results. It looks like a major improvement in power was made for each pull. Bry Herter is one of the smartest guys in this car culture community and he learns fast and it is very evident here and with the work he's been doing with you guys. Way to go Bry Bry.

Now it is very obviouse that this big power car is not ever going to be set up to use that power for the drag strip, and of course the owner has other plans. So although you won't be posting record or near record 1/4 mile runs, that shouldn't diminish the coolness factor and enjoyment factor of such a neat engine power combo.
Is that car going to be set up more for open road? Or is it a street racer? Or more for the show car circuit?
One thing I know, it is an impressive package.
Will you guys come out to Texas and the Impalafest and bring some of your cars?

Karl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Thanks Karl. That car really is too pretty to be that fast.

The 3 pulls you see were the baseline of 590 (blower only), the 75 shot, and the 150 shot. Bryan did an amazing job. All 3 pulls were absolutely perfect A/F.

That car is just a fast street car, and nothing else really. The owner has no intention of showing it, dragging it...he just wants a fast street car, and that it is. It holds it's own on a stip though. Last time out it pulled a 1.60 60' with EVERYTHING on it, the 20" wheels, swaybar, spare, etc. Just drove it out there, threw the ET Streets on and ran. We are going to run it again on the 23rd, hoping for 10.5, but we're more worried about MPH than e.t. (for obvious reasons
). We are hoping to trap 130+ in the Vegas 100+ heat and 2200ft. Shouldn't be a problem.

You know what I like the most? This pig makes 700+ rwhp from 4200rpm to 6300rpm. Now that's a broad power band. That's something that peak numbers don't tell you. We did not floor it until 4100rpm for fear of downshifting and certain tranny destruction, but based on the curve, this thing makes 650+ rear wheel pound feet of torque at the converter flash speed (3300). Talk about instant power. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ReeseSS:
The only thing I can think of more impressive than those numbers, is what you are going to go through, to try and get it to hook up! :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Especially on 20s ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
OOOOO! That would be cool if you at least give it a try at the stip, even if you cannot hook up. Anything at that altitude is going to translate to more MPH at sea level. I hear that nitrous is not effected so much by heat-humidity-altitude, but a blower certainly is.
It sure looks like there is a whole bunch of rubber available for the road with those 20" tires.

Just don't spin that thing out going down the drag strip. Be carefull !

Do you guys ever have a need for a mechanic apprentice? Sure looks like a fun job.
(present company is threatening layoffs so gotta start looking just in case).

Karl

21 - 40 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.