Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 117 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Seth if you have a cord for LT1Edit have Bryan make you a program that won't let it down shift.

He could also have the converter lock up so that you don't get any slip.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Mike, Bryan was there. We don't really worry about the locking up the converter or not letting it downshift, since we were only there to get the A/F ratios and spark timing right. If we were looking for all out horsepower numbers, then we'd lock the converter and let the car cool down between pulls. But, we wanted real world results. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Who Built the 4L60E? That clip was SSICK! The N20 Scared me!

Does that Impala even hook at the track?

[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: Vandal835 ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vandal835:
Who Built the 4L60E?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Combination Motorsports
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Does that Impala even hook at the track?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope!
:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adio§§:
Does that Impala even hook at the track?
Nope!
:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheston, I seen it hook at the track but not with the 20's out back (20's up front tho). Sam slapped on a set of ET Streets and went 11.7's letting off at the end of the track. This was before the N2O. I believe Sam said it had a 1.6 60' time... read the earlier posts. This was on a warm Memorial Day weekend.

[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: Got Bearings? ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
where's the video i can't see it when i go to check it out it says ulr is not found will some one send it to me please?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Greetings -

That was so bad ass, my WIFE was impressed. :D "Jeeezus, that's insane!" I couldn't have said it better.

Derik

G

·
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Got Bearings?:
Cheston, I seen it hook at the track but not with the 20's out back (20's up front tho). Sam slapped on a set of ET Streets and went 11.7's letting off at the end of the track. This was before the N2O. I believe Sam said it had a 1.6 60' time... read the earlier posts. This was on a warm Memorial Day weekend.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the condition it is in on the dyno, it wouldn't hook

Now with the ET Streets, I don't doubt it. I say they swap on some ET Drags :D Don't forget to pull the front swaybar and cool it down a little this winter. THEN it'll hook. However, with the additional power they could make with it, it might not hook ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Cheston,

We are taking pig to the track next Friday. :D We shall see if we can get the bottle to the ground. We have'nt had a problem getting the motor to the ground but thats only 590 rwhp and 630 rwpf :D .

It will make for a heck of a ride. We are going to be racing my friend Dave's 11.00 SS Camaro which we should'nt have too much trouble with. ;)

This ones for you Phil!
We got your back.

Sam

[ 08-16-2002: Message edited by: VFLSS ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LT4SS:
where's the video i can't see it when i go to check it out it says ulr is not found will some one send it to me please?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to this link for the video. :cool:
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~mshobe1/

Sam

[ 08-17-2002: Message edited by: VFLSS ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Seth,
BBB does equal BIG, BLACK and BADASS!! :D nice video.
*drool*
Do you have any pictures or your setup under the hood?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Hey Sam,
Those are some amazing numbers!!Congrats!!
What did it do at the track last week??
You never mentioned it again.
Are you bringing your car the SSHS2??
I can't wait to see it and run with you. I'll be the one following close behind breathing heavy!!

Keith

G

·
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Thank you for just making my life a lot more complicated than it already is....now I cant decided between the ATI F1R system or a MPE Stage 2 :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Get the F1R.... The installation is SOOOO much better and less cluttered. I've seen the MPE... it works but doesn't look pretty.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
$6445 is just the blower kit, isn't it? I'd imagine you'd have to spend a _wee_ bit more to actually run 1300hp for more than about 3 seconds

41 - 60 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.