Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought this 95 Impala SS with 42,xxx miles on it a week ago and love it already. The car is completley stock. I just put tint on the windows today. Does anyone think that they are any maintence issues i should worry about right away. The owner before me logged everything he did with the car from the time he bought it, even every gas fill. There is one entry in the log that baffkles me and it says traction control. I dont know what he meant by this, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Yeah.. who wants to "control their traction" in one of these! psshh.

By the way... Welcome to the forum!
best thing to do first is "search"
even tho the forum lost a poo load of info not too long ago, there is still LOTTTS of great threads to help out. check the engine section to help ya out with the maintenance stuff. it all depends on your intentions, do yuo want to just maintain it stock? or do some "slight modding" or even just free modding. or do you plan on going all out. its all in there brutha.
your gonna get addicted... hehehe

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Welcome and nice find! Get ready to empty your bank with mods...

Maybe he meant he lost control of traction!

·
Registered
639 Posts
welcome, sweet car. Every gas fillup, thats awesome.
Curious if you have the original factory coolant and cwm8tablets. Check to see if the history shows a coolant flush and replace w/out dexcool tablets. Also search the site for differential gasket as there is an updated design. Those are the two major ones off the top of my head. Download the sshandbook under the maintenance section.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Congrats on the nice 95!! Now, make it faster!! =)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
price

Very nice, Good find, Post of some more pictures, If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay? if not that's fine to.
I paid 10,900 for it. after doing the research it was a little above average, but it was in good shape both interior and exterior with only minor issues that i would expect for an almost 15 year old car.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I dont have an LT1 car but I sure am surprised no one has mention anything about the water pump seals and opti. From what I have read those two things can go hand in hand in wreaking havoc in drivability and performance if they arent tended to properly

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Welcome to the site. Nice car. I would expect a fuel pump and water pump in the future for your car. That's my two cents

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
question

This dcm did not come with a cd player. Was this common? I thought it was a little odd since it had so many other options. If it were not for the window sticker that that came with the car I would have thought that cd players were standard on the ss

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Nice find bro, hope your bank account can handle the Rain!!!!(mods that is)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.