Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in one of my auto parts stores the other day and noticed something I hadn't seen before. I saw that DupliColor has a product named "Rust Barrier". I was wondering if anyone here has tried it and what their thoughts are on it. How much was needed and how it's performing. I had talked to my paint guy about POR 15 and he told me only a 1 qt. can was needed for a frame. I looked at a DupliColor video and they said 2 cans were used for the frame. I thought maybe that was for sales. :wink2: Also the MSDS stated that the Rust Barrier was pretty benign compared to what I have seen here about POR 15.
Thanks all,
Mark: Snowman-33

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
I haven't used the Duplicolor rust barrier. I have used the Por15.

I think if you carefully prep as stated in the instructions, and follow up with top coat, Por15 is amazing stuff.

The problem with a new product is you don't know how it will hold up, even if it looks good now.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ocala..
Thanks for your reply. I think both are about the same cost. I just thought that I hadn't seen it and it had been out for a bit. Maybe a better product? Someone here might have tried it and had a go no-go on it. Most likely it will be the POR15 that I choose. It's proven winner.
Thanks again Partner.
Mark: Snowman-33

1 - 3 of 3 Posts