Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, I have no relationship with the company. I found them while reading about upgrades for my Mercury Marauder.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
man, I hope they come through. I might just buy a pair to have on hand if/when I ever buy another impala...

·
Registered
“91” Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
384 Posts
$800, I'm gonna pass on this.

·
Registered
“91” Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
384 Posts
Ya, but I can put the $800 to better use upgrading something else.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I think they're worth every penny. I had just installed some projector headlights in my C5 and we were on a road trip in west Texas when we came around a curve and saw an entire herd of feral pigs crossing the road. Those feral pigs are mostly dark red and black. I would have never seen them in time with the stock halogen headlights.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
So the company appears to be a " guy" cutting a big hole in existing lamp assemblies and putting in a projector assembly.

The picture looks to show his basis as the 2 piece " euro" lamp that we were getting on Ebay before we couldn't.
Wonder if the guy can source them ?
Agree with the black out part , makes the projector ring stick out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Why are you guys are sh!tting so hard on someone for trying to make something for your cars? If you bother to price things out, he's not trying to gouge anyone. If I were to make these myself, a set of ebay headlights would run $200, and the HID kit he uses in his stage 1 model is $170 from The Retrofit Source. So if I were to build these myself, it would cost me around $500 in parts, taxes and shipping. Not to mention it would probably take me a couple of days to figure out how to build the lights. So I don't see it as expensive at all. It's a good deal, in fact. If the housings plus LED bulbs meet your needs, then great, but I think HID's outperform all of the aftermarket LED's.

The Morimoto kit he offers for his stage 2 kit is $360, which means he's basically charging the difference in price for parts when you consider shipping and taxes. He's still charging you for the same amount of labor to build these things no matter which stage you order. So cut him some slack, geez.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Yep, and from what I read, these are just H1 HID projectors, not LED. Though Bi level LED projectors are appearing for retro fit now.
No, the kit includes the Morimoto bi-xenon wiring kit.

·
Registered
1996 BBB
1,709 Posts
Not sure if I like the look, but a projector for $800 isn't bad and not going to knock anyone making anything for these cars anymore. We should be lucky someone still cares enough to try lol

Definitely a few things I think he can do to make them look better, but I would definitely consider them just to have a projector light if the quality/light pattern ends up being good.

Reactions: stonebreaker

·
Registered
1996 BBB
1,709 Posts
Just sent him a message asking if he could build them with a black projector housing to match the backing. Feel like that might blend in better than all chrome but not really sure.

Reactions: nsaness

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
FYI, I have no relationship with the company. I found them while reading about upgrades for my Mercury Marauder.

[snip]
Interesting find there, Scott. The SStreetLights is strong with this one, Luke. The one nod to old school I find most enjoyable with mine is its '50-'70's streetrod 4-bulb seperate hi/lo beam look (and operation) for our old tubs. As noted, the chrome is a distraction to an otherwise attractive blackout treatment for the rest of the nose - best realized on a black car obviously. As far as the price I'd like to remind everyone how generally worthless a dollar is today. Those who popped for the SStreetlights will recall they ran ~$1,200 themselves, and that was when that was some money:

Look, 8 eyes just like a spider!
In all honesty I would pay good money for getting a pair of clear corners de-chromed:
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
1996 BBB
1,709 Posts
Good afternoon Kris, thank you for the inquiry, I truly appreciate that.

To answer your question right off the bat, yes, the chrome shroud that’s around the projector can be done in black ( or any other color of your choosing ).

The longer answer to that question is, due to the nature of these headlights being custom built per order, just about anything can be changed/added/removed. Some of the other options include lens etching, paint, hydrographics, halos, demon eyes, etc…There are a bunch of options that can be done to “spice it up” a bit if you choose to. You can be as mild or as wild as you’d like. Those headlights are on there simply because I had a customer purchase a set from scratch and those are his specs.

If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask. I appreciate the opportunity!

--
Kevin New
Owner
Panther Lights, LLC
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I REALLY like the look of those Sstreetlights. Are they still available?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts