Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well not new since they quit makin 'em in 96 but new to me. 1992 roadmaster limited! grey with red leather interior. L05. only 101k miles on it. picked it up for $700. no rust on it but its got a few lil scrapes. i'll get some pictures up after bit. gotta do some lil fixes to it too.

speaking of that, the old guy hooked up a switch to the fan so its always on or always off. the heater controls all work other than the fan switch. anyone else ever had a similar problem?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I thought the L05 cars had factory mechanical fans?

Edit: You must mean the HVAC blower. I just threw a bunch of heater parts for that style roadie away... Bad blower motor resistor maybe?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep its lookin that way. I reconnected the wiring the old guy cut (he used to be a great mechanic but was havin mini strokes before he died). after reconnecting the wire the blower wont quit. gonna git ahold of a guy I been getting parts from and see if I can go pick thru one of the cars he has up there.

anyways as I promised... I think. here's some pics. 101k miles, no rust. just small problems with it really.

don't mind the mess, was checkin passenger window. looks like regulator is shot.

need to get some of the missing pieces for the rubber moulding. there's a few in the back. probly enough to do one side.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. doin some small stuff with it now. put new coil on it. seems to run a lil better. had some screws missin in the door panels. definitely need to do tune up and oil change. plus looks like alt goin out. o and thanks goldmaster. it was the resistor. got a free one.... worked for a day hahaha. planning on putting on some SS springs and set of edelbrock shocks I have layin in the garage. that floaty ride is annoying. and drivin backroad to school every day the feel of it is just scary on turns. problyi put on my N97 wheels once I find a set of tires and hopefully do a dual exhuiast on it.

was putting new speakers in cuz the old ones were shot as was the radio. had the engine noise comin thru stereo, took the rear deck carpet out and found the receiver for remote. thought bout it for a min and knew I had one hangin in house that said CAPRICE on it then went over to my 96 9c1 and theres a BUICK remote. got it bout 3 years ago when I changed column out with one from pullapart out of a buick. tried it and got it to program.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Front shocks replaced. Old ones were shot. Put my edelbrocks on front and my 9c1 bars front n rear. One lca had nice lil bend in it. Plus tires junk so the ss wheels went on too.

O yeah. Hated the 2 lil brake lights at each end of the tailligh so modified that too...

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
looks good !

The wheels add a nice touch. Have you thought about perhaps plasti dipping the center of those wheels burgundy or red ?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i really wantes tto save them for my 96 9c1 but low funds shot that idea. Waitin to hear from hack bout some custom emblems for stock style caps since current ones were off a venture van with bowtie on em. Now just countin down days til my school refund comes in so i can buy some other goodies

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well finally got my refund. Bought a set of SS springs from Boofers. installed last nite. Took wheels up n had a set of 275/40/17s put on that were sittin in my rafters and ordered all the stuff for a tune up. Gettin alignment Thursday mornin and rear shocks installed. I tried to do em but limited tools n no lift made it too difficult for time im workin in. Cant wait to try out the handlin difference. Hate the boat feelin.

Sounds wierd huh? I can do front coil springs myself but cant do my own rear shocks haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts