Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have front SS springs that are stock with about 55,000 miles on them and brand new monroe sensatrac shocks. Now the front end is raised to the point where i can put my whole hand sideways in the wheel well(Just Barely). It has been exactally 2 weeks and it has come down a little but will it settle over time? My friends civi is sitting lower in the front than my SS.any comments would be appreciated
thanks
Bob

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Bilsteins went in at ~99k on the stock springs and it didn't raise the front that I noticed. Are the Sensatracs considered a high press shock?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought them from the AC Delco Store. They said because the original SS Shocks were Discontinued the sensatracs were the closest thing to stock. I think they were high pressure though.but before they were installed i was able to push on the shock and close it somewhat. but i dont know if that would affect the shocks when they are on the car.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Impala SS springs had 60K on them before I installed them, I put them in with brand new shocks and everything is fine.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does it have a stiff ride in the front? If yes, the springs may not be sitting in the pockets. drop the lower control arm and twist the spring untill its resting in the upper pocket.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know how to untorque the lower control arm. are the bolts the two that are across from each other just inside of the springs? I am not a real experienced mechanic and i would be using a socket and a wrench. is this possible or should i use drop spindles like the mechanic said? i would like any pictures and step by step instruction that anyone may have-on how to adjust the springs and make them line up properly, if this is the problem. thanks again
bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts