1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welp.. here it is....

I need more deadening :D
Good thing I predicted that and ordered some when I ordered the sub and amp :D

Ill be doing a more in depth install after I graduate and have some free time again... work+school=no time to really get into this..

I just slammed a 3/4" mdf box together.. got about 3 cubes out of it, and coated it in bvedliner in case I had any gaps... and to make it damn near impossible to see through the tint...

runnin it @ 1 ohm off my ed 9.1 amp... giving it a little under 1300wrms..

redoing wiring and some more deadening this weekend...

damn rattles.. they take all the fun out of life...

eventually Im gonna fiberglass this thing in place... right about here...

The install now is pretty temp.. and I think Ill add another 18"er in the spare tire well.. along with another 9.1 amp....

then Ill help keep the hearing aid industry going

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I didn't know eD was making 18's. I'll save my personal feelings about the company to myself here though. Glad to see someone else using 18's.

On your sealed enclosures in the future, I'd advise aiming for 4 cubes just to aid the LFE a little more (that's usually what 18" installs are all about anyway). Did you use any polyfill? Looks like a solid plan... I'm starting to see who the competition is on here. Lol, just kidding.

Looks solid.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not yet... I havent gotten to really play with it yet...
Ive got a bag of polyfill just a waiting... Im wanting to find tha infamous brown note:D

Im already thinking about getting another one along with another amp and putting them in 9 cube ported box.. tuned about 28 or so....

you're running some of those fi q's right?
look nice, I thought about getting them, but went with what I knew...
but for my dd Im thinking about trying one of the fi's out... I know re had a great rep, but I figured Id let them circulate for a bit before I took the plunge

hows quality on em? I havent gotten a chance to listen to any yet...

I know a lot of people have some bad ideas about ed.. thats cool, I like em, and I can understand why some dont, you should check some of their stuff out though... build quality has improved drastically since the days of the 15a's losing their joints...

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats tight.. im sure it beats

lol your sub is bigger than most peoples rims

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i read the topic and knew it had to be B.Savage.lol

and of course the Elemental subs. Keep us posted .
So fresh, so clean

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by B. Savage:
not yet... I havent gotten to really play with it yet...
Ive got a bag of polyfill just a waiting... Im wanting to find tha infamous brown note:D

Im already thinking about getting another one along with another amp and putting them in 9 cube ported box.. tuned about 28 or so....

you're running some of those fi q's right?
look nice, I thought about getting them, but went with what I knew...
but for my dd Im thinking about trying one of the fi's out... I know re had a great rep, but I figured Id let them circulate for a bit before I took the plunge

hows quality on em? I havent gotten a chance to listen to any yet...

I know a lot of people have some bad ideas about ed.. thats cool, I like em, and I can understand why some dont, you should check some of their stuff out though... build quality has improved drastically since the days of the 15a's losing their joints...
9 cubes total? or each? 9 cubes for 2 18's is grossly undersized, so I'm assuming you ment each.

The fi's are great so far, they're holding up nicely, they sound good too. They were very accurate in 8 cubes sealed.

I actually got to meet Scott and hang out with him during DBDrag world finals this year, very good guy, not just a cool guy, he actually seemed like a good person. I also met the only other person on Fi's payroll, also a good guy, hard to understand at times, but a cool guy none the less.

My feelings about ed have nothing to do with build quality, that's all I'm going to say about that.

I'd personally go ahead and put atleast a pound and half of polyfill in that box, then another pound and a half if needed. It sounds like your going for low extension, so IMO that would be the best course.

Keep us posted.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
time to step my game up !!!

my 12.5 are wangin the wagon to death but that 18" look huge back there!!!

time to upgrade or throw another pair of 12.5"s back there to keep my gorilla's company

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats up with the small box???!?!?
my roommate has a Juggernaut 18" in his truck with about 4- 5 feet ported airspace. the box is like a 100 pounds...bigass box...

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by gvillepoet:
whats up with the small box???!?!?
my roommate has a Juggernaut 18" in his truck with about 4- 5 feet ported airspace. the box is like a 100 pounds...bigass box...
That's actually pretty small for an 18.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I'm not mistaken, 3.5-4 cubic feet should be average sealed for an 18" sub. which means it could go from 2.5-5 cubes. which means one sub could take roughly up to 11 cubic feet ported. Now that is one big a$$ box.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My box for my q 18's will be no smaller than 16 cubes net for the pair, which with port displacement will probably be around 20 cubes gross.

I had them walled in the sedan, which worked out to be around 26 cubes gross.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its a small box sub.... it works fine in the 3.5 cubes Ive got....

Im gonna order a second dual 4 around Christmas and build a 12cuft (net ) box tuned to about 32....
that will be some fun :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by WaTTsLOk187:
And you mean to tell me you havn't taken video yet?

+1 :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts