Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to change out the suspension to my brothers 1996 SS this weekend. His stock setup is shot and I wanna go to an aftermarket setup. Is there someone that makes a really nice kit that has everything in it - larger diameter sways, new shocks springs bolts bushings and any other hardware that is available.

I don't need anything crazy like triple adjustable springs, just sometthing that is valved nicely for the car and gives it a better ride over stock for street driving only - no track.

Is there someone (preferableonline retailer) that sells a complete kit ?? Thanks in advance guys.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only "complete kit" (so to speak) would be buying the Hotchkis swaybars, springs, and rear control arms. You still need to get shocks though, the Bilstein 1104/0929 shocks should work fine.

You'll be pressed to get it all by THIS weekend without paying astronomical shipping and/or local prices though......probably should plan ahead a bit, as it would save you some serious coin here!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO, the hotchkis springs and bilstein sport shocks(1104/0929) are the best as far as ride quality, handling, and stance.(hotchkis springs are 1.5" front, 1" rear drop). Hotchkis also makes a front/rear sway bar set to go with the springs that are nice....check out the GP section, there is a sale on all hotchkis parts......

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am running the Hotchkis setup (springs, sways, lca's). I also have the 1104/0929 Bilstiens. I recommend the setup.

I would also recommend doing more research with the search feature and spending a little time on this. That way you know what options you have.

Hope to help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts