Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First iff you guys got a great thing going on here! Lots of sweet rides and mods...My question is this- I'm looking to put 22's on my Imp and want to know what you guys think of the offset, back spacing and tires. The rims are 22x9 +21 offset 5.82 back spacing and I'm thinking about running Nitto 555 285/35/22's in the back and 255/30/22's in the front. SuperBuyTires.com recomends Pirelli 265/35/22's all around but I thought that might rub. Let me know what you guys think

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Uh-Oh! Here we go Again! Well, 1st Off, Welcome to the Forum. Just so you know ahead of time, The "Huge Wheels on Rubber Band Tires" Thing is a touchy subject around here! Feel free to ask questions about most all other Things pertaining to your car but the 22" Rims, I'm staying out of this one
. Someone will chime in and give you some advice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, wouldn't it be best to find an old Sooner Wagon and borrow the wheels off of it? Same style. Same effect. ;)
karl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
22 look ok on a SS. Its the width thing with me. Its gonna look skinny out back. What look are you looking for. How will you drive the car is all factors. 22s weigh a ton. You will have to do a gear change because car will feel like a dog after you do 22s. You will not get any performance with 22s mainly looks.

A nice set of 20x10s out back with some 8.5s up front. Im running 20x9s now with wide tires but Im in the market right now for the offset look with the 10s out back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want a chunky set up,
295/25/22 out back
265/30/22 up front
If you want a nice size all the way around 285/30/22, 265/35/22 will scrub without raising the car up.
4.10 gears with such a tall tire would be the shizznezzel, but 3.73's will do you fine.
stealth bolt brake mod

if you want to lower it, your gonna have to cut some of the fender inside, or you will rub.(Ask Bustn about that :D ) Unless your jimmer and your car is strange.

SS springs are touch and go, some rub, some don't
!

9C1 springs would be a good idea if you roll with more then 2 peeps in the car.....

And there is your 22" stunt 101 class for the day. Thank you, and good night!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got 265/35/22 on one of my SS's and its lowered 2" (its not strange)
I ordered my wheels for an SS. I think bustn is on 285/30/22, thats why his rubs. Now they make a 365/30/22. Ask anyone who has driven my SS if it rubs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I rub a lil' when going up a driveway and turning at the same time.Other than that no problems.I run the 285's all around.I got rid of the set that's in the sig and have a new set waiting for me up @ the shop to be put on...Some people on this board need to grow up.If you don't have anything good to say then why say it?I mean I've seen ALOT of f'd up b-bodies on here and in person but I don't say anything.My car is not a hundred dollar bill, so everyone can't like it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My personal opinion is the 22's won't look right unless you lower the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well to be honest, I have no expirence with big wheels on these cars, so this is merly my personal opinion....sell the 22s and buy some nice 20s, I think they will look better. IMHO. But nevertheless, welcome to the forum, and good luck with modding!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
COMPROMISE: do 22x10 in the rear, and 20x9 in front!

that would look sick. tuck that 22 in the rear past the lip.. do a mini tub... airbags.. something drastic. be different! do whatever you like, chances are youll be changing it in the near future anyway.

we all do! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PIMPALA-SS YGM
Back to topic: just put 24's with a narrowed rear end, tub it and lay it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate all the feedback. They only make 22x9's in the rim I like so goin with 10's is out of the question. mainly what I was asking is if the offset/back spacing look allright to you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thosse will be tucked in too far. If you can get them with +6 offset (which works out to 5.25" backspacing) they will not only look better but also should help front wheel bearing life.

BTW, do you know about the local club Region Of Doom? If not, get signed up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.