Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, just picked up a 95 FWB and the forum has been very helpful so far in figuring out some small odds and ends. I'm looking forward to learning from the experts!

I've removed the tints and I'm in the process of cleaning up some lace style oe rims to go with some white walls that are coming in :)

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Naturally I'm not trying to turn it into a ripper but I'd like to take some of the wallow out of the ride, makes me feel like I don't have as much control of the car as-is. In the miles since my test drive I find it less bothersome than I did initially but a couple upgrades here and there would be nice.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Depending on your ambition, shocks will really change the car
Tires...Don't dismiss raised white letter B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A's. Of course, there are lots of choices in 225 -235/ 70-75-15 but the 255/60-15 or 275/60-15 T/A is worthy.
My 96 Fleetwood stretched Limo's thrive on them, and the Koni adjustable and 1 1/2" SOLID F R sways (sadly no longer available)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Is that in Germany? Thought Scot and his limos were there. That wouldn't be Lizbeth would it?
As I stated in my introduction (Jack R), Scot is my father. Scot left Switzerland and relocated to Montevideo, Uruguay with my mother and sister, Lisbeth. An unbelievable paradise next to the Atlantic Ocean at the other end of the world. I'll post with his log in.

·
Registered
789 Posts
As I stated in my introduction (Jack R), Scot is my father. Scot left Switzerland and relocated to Montevideo, Uruguay with my mother and sister, Lisbeth. An unbelievable paradise next to the Atlantic Ocean at the other end of the world. I'll post with his log in.
You got pictures of the 94 SVI car I think Lisbeth now owns? Very interested to see that one as I've seen it mentioned by Scot multiple times.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Getting back to suspension: There's a B4U Caprice & FE3 suspension at a pick & pull locally which I think has the SS sway bars, would it be worth while to pull those bars for my Fleetwood (FE1 suspension). I have to confirm the price they want before I go turn any wrenches but there's also a pair of bars online for 200 with free shipping.

·
Registered
590 Posts
This is the Hellwig 1 1/4" solid. Car Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tire
I do not think any 1 1/4" solid or worse hollow can provide enough roll resistance for a B body. The bends make the bar longer than a same diameter bar with only two 90-degree bends (shape of the 1 1/2" solid BMR bar and the now gone Quickor 1 3/8" solid one). Longer bar = even less roll resistance.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
He is absolutely right,and I've noticed that you do this a lot. Less is more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts