Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had my headers installed by a shop that RAPED me on price. Found a broken bolt and had to pull a head to get it out. ANYWAY, now I'm getting the aforementioned codes. Exhaust leak?

PS - I searched. For some reason, my 3 word search combinations rarely work, and when they do, I rarely get good results.

Help.

New Info: the car started stumbling during driving. No new codes. seemed to chill out during lower-mid throttle on the highway...

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
If I remember right a vacuum leak could cause these codes as well. Not sure, but check that also, could be exhaust leak I guess but one code is for one side and one code is for another, if both are leaking, and you would hear it leaking enough to throw a code in my opinion, take it back the shop that did the work and tell them to fix it. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Given the extra info I supplied above, I found a vacuum leak, and retightened everything after the MAF sensor. 20 mi and no codes. I don't think I solved the problem, but I'll let you know what happens. Going into shop on Friday to have them make sure all bolts are to specified torque. Maybe I'll have this thing licked yet. Also, after they retorque everything, I will install my computer tuned for headers (i told them i'd have headers, so I guess there's some tweaking for that). Maybe that'll make a difference. I'll update the post once all that happens.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, got her back from the shop. They said there were some loose bolts that they had to re-tighten. Haven't gotten these codes since.

SO, i guess that closes this puppy out. Hope that helps somebody one day.

·
Registered
346 Posts
you have to retighten header bolts after the first several times you drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts