Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to this post. Bought a wagon from Fred sight unseen and shipped to Florida. Most of it was exactly as described. The few things that weren't Fred went out of his way to make things right. If anyone is thinking wagon, Fred is the man! Since then have ordered 18" wheels and tires, big brake kit, big sway bars, air lift bags, gauges (oil temp, oil pressure, tranny temp, voltmeter), trailer hitch, and SSRI. Planning to do window tint and two tone paint, and some exhaust work (after the hitch is on).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by impalanut:
Finally got around to this post. Bought a wagon from Fred sight unseen and shipped to Florida. Most of it was exactly as described. The few things that weren't Fred went out of his way to make things right. If anyone is thinking wagon, Fred is the man! Since then have ordered 18" wheels and tires, big brake kit, big sway bars, air lift bags, gauges (oil temp, oil pressure, tranny temp, voltmeter), trailer hitch, and SSRI. Planning to do window tint and two tone paint, and some exhaust work (after the hitch is on).
I will be the first to second that about Fred.

Congrats on the purchase!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exhaust work will be last after the sway bars and trailer hitch. Got the bars yesterday and the rear is an exaqct ringer for the HerB Adams bars I have on the SS, and just as heavy. Will probably have to have the tailpipes exit behind the rear wheels because of the hitch, and over the axle because of the sway bar. Thinking about the cat back combo of pypes x pipe, dynomax mufflers, and over the axle pipes from CAI.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you ship it and how much did it cost? I need to replace my totalled RMS and I sure would like a wagon...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the hijack... but do the stock tail pipes interfere with a rear sway bar?" I did the exhaust first, because it was rusted out anyway, but hope to do swaybars someday...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by The Reconditioner:
Congrats & don't do exhaust work 'till rear swaybar is on.
Yep...I did it backwards (did not know/think) and had to have the Driver's side adjusted after I put the swar bar on

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, y'all - I'm blushing. Howard, you've got a big a$$ package coming with your second electric fan for the conversion, shroud, etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Brokecello:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by The Reconditioner:
Congrats & don't do exhaust work 'till rear swaybar is on.
Yep...I did it backwards (did not know/think) and had to have the Driver's side adjusted after I put the swar bar on
</font>[/QUOTE]That's the trouble I was trying to save y'all, & Impalanut, the bar you got, I hope it was ordered as wagon-specific, as wagon is wider in rear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by The Reconditioner:
That's the trouble I was trying to save y'all, & Impalanut, the bar you got, I hope it was ordered as wagon-specific, as wagon is wider in rear.
Yes it was the Hotckis Wagon kit...I'm not that dumb :D .....that was the first thing I learned about the wagons....like when I was still in the Test-tube!!
I just wasn't smart enought to realize that my behind the wheel pipes might interfere with the sway-bar. BUT that is why we have y'all.
I'm still gearing up for the 1.6 Rockers and Springs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bar is wagon specific. Just to make sure I already held it up to the control arms to make sure. Front bar is 1 3/8" and rear is 1 1/2".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by PHANTOM 309:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ruphrax:
Alright, y'all - I'm blushing.
aw c'mon Fred we all know used car dealers don't blush,. you gotta be warm blooded for that!
:D
nick
</font>[/QUOTE]Nice one ^5s

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by impalanut:
Bar is wagon specific. Just to make sure I already held it up to the control arms to make sure. Front bar is 1 3/8" and rear is 1 1/2".
Which bars are those, you didn't say, other than to mention that they are "like Herb Adams". Are they the Hotchkiss? I have the Hotch front & what I believe is the first style rear (two years ago), which has been superceded by a newer shape, which conforms to & "hugs" the pumpkin closer due to complaints from the lowered crowd. Mine is very visible from behind, but since I'm not goin' "into the weeds", it's a moot point.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.