Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey impala gods haha as my woman calls you guys i been lookin on all these forums but to no avail seen nothing anyways i got a 96 impala ss 5.7 lt-1 needs a new radiator it gots a crack in the plastic on the right side of the rad and called autozone last night and they quoted me 189 for a new one but the question is do i get one with a oil cooler r one without sorry for the dumb question but id jus wanted to kno b4 i buy n how do i check to see

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I am pretty sure you need the one with a cooler, look on your car you should have four fittings on the engine side on both sides of the plastic tanks the passenger side is for the tranny fluid and the drivers side is for the engine oil.
Unless you have a seperate oil cooler than you can get a rad without an oil cooler. Either way your good. My Imp has a 9C1 oil cooler but I have a rad with the oil cooler fittings that are plugged up.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Yeah that is a good call and I should of mentioned the 9C1 difference as that is what I was going off off, don't have an Imp, yet :) and I couldn't remember, but was pretty sure that an Imp came with the cooler lines that went to the rad instead.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
roger that thanks guys sure appreciate the help ill have to check it tho 2night when i get home from work!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I am pretty sure that my car (same as OP's) has a trans cooler in the radiator too. I think the oil hook up is on the drivers side and trans hook up is on the pass.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Yeah that is a good call and I should of mentioned the 9C1 difference as that is what I was going off off, don't have an Imp, yet :) and I couldn't remember, but was pretty sure that an Imp came with the cooler lines that went to the rad instead.
My Imp came from factory with the 9C1 style oil cooler. On the SPID the code is KC4.

I am pretty sure that my car (same as OP's) has a trans cooler in the radiator too. I think the oil hook up is on the drivers side and trans hook up is on the pass.
Your correct on the hook ups but you should have an external trans cooler thats hooked up to the cooler in the rad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts