Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ALDL cable. I downloaded Datamaster. I set datamaster up as per their directions for Windows Vista 64-bit version. I made sure Comport 6 is selected (USB) bot in the software and with the drivers loaded correctly. I went into the data executing protection and gave the software the exception that they needed (as per TTS).

When I begin to monitor is seems to work fine. Then the Data OK indicator turns red and says data error and it stops recording (I can post this if I knew how). Often when this happens the DTC OK turns to red as well.

It will record data for a few seconds and then seems to loose its mind and stops. It reset and does it all over again. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!

Help!!

· Registered
59 Posts
My datamaster acts this way if I have the car type set to something besides B-Car. After a reinstall one day, I got in the car and plugged it in. Driving along and saw exactly the same thing you described. Finally found the car type set to Y-Car. I changed it to B-Car and everything has been fine since.

· Registered
63 Posts
A few times I had this problem with a loose ground on the OBD connector. I ran a new ground wire to the connector and it fixed in a few cars I had the problem.

These cars are geting up in years and connections get corroded..

Good luck

· Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A few times I had this problem with a loose ground on the OBD connector. I ran a new ground wire to the connector and it fixed in a few cars I had the problem.

These cars are geting up in years and connections get corroded..

Good luck
I will try the data log on my 94 Impala to see if I get the same thing..........

· Registered
437 Posts
FYI my Datamaster works through my 64bit vista laptop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.