Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

nitrous 4.3?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Jesse Walter 
#1 ·
hello everyone, I am new here, I have a 95 9c1 4.3 that I will be putting a lt1 in soon but I want to see what the 4.3 can take. im thinking about a 150 shot on it and see what happens. has anyone here ever ran spray on their 4.3 and how well did it take it?

#2 ·
Sure you can run a 150 shot on it. Although, you might find diminishing returns after about a 125 shot on a 4.3 with stock heads and cam.
You just need to run all the safeguards, because that's pushing it more (cylinder pressures) than those who've run 150 shots on LT1's.
Here's a post showing a typical wiring setup incorporating the safeguards of window switch & timing retard (with Mallory box), wot switch, and fpss.
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=258868
I'd pull about 8 degrees of timing for a 150 shot on a 4.3, run at least 93 octane fuel, and plugs 2 heat ranges colder than stock gapped at .030", preferably non-projected like an NGK BR7EF

#3 ·
Pill it till ya Kill it!! J/K

Nitrous is a awesome boost for HP in my opinion, there are so many safeguard systems out there that if you do it right you should be able to push 125 through it with no problems.

Just make sure everything is up to snuff. and not just good but Great working order. If that 4.3 has alot of miles, and never been gone through be forwarned it won't last long on the bottle

#4 ·
That's how Charles County rolls...lol

A 4.3 is a decent engine but a 150 shot will kill it quick unless you do the mods as stated in the other posts. Just don't do it MIR cuz the guys behind you will get pissed when the track is covered in oil. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.