Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Nitrous Outlet Plate kit

4K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  defdaboss 
#1 ·
No posts in our nitrous section since 2015? Maybe I can revive it.

I have an engine swap in progress as we speak. I am hoping to have the impala up and running again after 3 years of sitting. Once the engine is broken in and any bugs are worked out I plan on joining the nitrous crowd. I was curious to see if any B-body guys were running the Nitrous Outlet plate kit. I like the looks of the kit, especially with the hardline option. I have seen some F-bodies with it. Has anyone used this kit on their B-body?

#2 ·
I ordered the kit yesterday. I'll post results when the project is wrapped up here in another couple of months.

#4 · (Edited)
I have plans to run this plate kit when I get mine back up and running. Curious though, do you think the Corvette fuel rail covers will clear the brackets and solenoids? I was possibly going to re-route the lines and solenoids if need be...but the hardline kit and brackets is pretty damn clean!

Is that a fuel pressure sensor tapped into the Nitrous Outlet fuel tee?

#5 ·
The solenoid mounts on the bracket are SLIGHTLY adjustable. I will be using the billet injector covers with this setup. It may require some modifications to the solenoid bracket but I should be able to use the hard lines that came with the kit. I think the Corvette rail covers sit higher than the billet ones. You may have to modify the rail covers, solenoid bracket, or both to get it to work. You do have options:

- Order the plate kit with braided lines rather than hard lines.
- Order the hard line kit and hope it works.
- Buy a tubing bender, flaring set, and stainless tubing and fab up your own lines.

Yes, I have a fuel pressure gauge in the nitrous outlet fuel tee. If you choose option 1 above, you may want to call nitrous outlet and see if the tee comes with the braided line kit. I looked at the photos on their website and the fuel tee is only shown on the hard line kit photos.

#8 ·
The hard lines do not line up when the fuel rail covers are installed. I'll be fabricating my own.

Attachments

Reactions: Leo1979
#10 ·
I was able to make some custom hard lines by ordering a tubing bender and some stainless steel tubing stock off ebay. It took a lot of time but wasn't really that difficult. I have the system all hooked up and I got a billet bottle bracket that looks much nicer than what came in the kit. Here is the bracket I got: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speedmaste...050659&hash=item467b93d6a3:g:llAAAOSwRgJXiSF6

All I have left to do is hook up the control/switch panel. I got this one to mount in the A-pillar gauge pod: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nex-15792/overview/

I have done a lot to the car lately. It sat for 3 years before I got motivated to get it going again. The new setup is a stroker with AFR 210 heads and a Lloyd Elliot custom grind cam. Once I have the time, I plan to do a build thread on it with a lot of photos. I am hoping for 400 RWHP N/A and then running a 200 shot on the plate kit. So far I have about 100 miles on the new engine. I took it to a car show on May 5 and was happy to bring home the Best Car award in a showing of about 120 cars. Not bad for the first outing in over 3 years!

#12 ·
That's me parked beside my dad at the car show. His first car was a '62 409 Impala and my first was the '94 seen here. This is what the car hobby is all about!

Attachments

Reactions: defdaboss
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.