Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Nitrous/supercharger

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  jimmycaprice 
#1 ·
Hello I have a few question for you I have a 1996 impala I brought a engine from golen engine it's a LT1 long block stroked to 355cc with 30#injuctors forged beam I think I blow a head but I'm going to get that fixed I'm about to buy some trickflow ported heads I have a stock tranny I'm going to change that to am 2800-3000 stall my 383 gears just cam today with my Tru trek rear end and pin I have tri y cutouts I just brought a vortech v2 that's aftercooled the question I want to ask you is I would like to also put an Zex nitous kit on it can those two work together and if so please give me so help and insite please

#2 · (Edited)
I can't resist...

#1 Please post using proper punctuation. It really makes my (and most 2nd Grade English Teacher's) eyes bleed. I also recommend using the spell check at the top right corner.

#2 Few "questions", not "question".

#3 Bored (not stroked) to 355ci. That is a .030" oversized piston. 355cc would be a little small.

#4 Did you mean, #30 "injectors"?

#5 You blew a head? cwm2 Did you mean head gasket?

#6 Yes, trickflows will solve all of your problems.

#7 Stock 4L60e behind a blown small block is probably not the best idea.

#8 You most likely have 3.73 gears, not 3.83.

#9 Tru trek rear end and pin? Tru Trek Posi? Ring and Pinion? Rebuilding your rear-end?

#10 Tri-Y cutouts? So an exhaust pipe with three cutouts on it? Can I see a picture?

...I can keep going.

To answer your question, no you should not put MY ZEX KIT on your blown-up golen "stroker" in front of a stock trans. It sounds like you've got a real rats nest there. But since you stated that you have ~$20K to spend building your car in the "800-850HP" thread, by all means, be my guest and bolt-on as many power adders as you can and keep blowing up your brand new engines.

My advice, take that vortech blower AND plumb it to your paxton that you were trying to sell. 2 blowers must be better than one. Hell, put a 2-stage nitrous kit on it with no progressive controller. Please film it when you do.

Please stop posting in the power adder section until you have completely digested the engine performance section. I am no expert here, but I think you are a little over your head. I guess I'm a little salty about your no-pay/no-communication on the Zex Kit I tried to sell you. Hopefully the guy who gets it next will actually be able to hook it up.

In summary, you are wasting your time and money with this car. Take that $20K and go back to school. I swear it will pay dividends.

#3 ·
95chwagon

Well thank you for the help lmfao I did spell that right I love the insults but yes I can't spell to save my life I can laugh at myself but your more upset about me not buying your Zex nitours kit it's ok don't be salty but what you really should be salty is that wagon of yours but I will brush up on my spellcheck button I press send #2 thank you for the insults again #3 invest I did spell that right also I'm a real impala not a wagon LMFAOcwm8

#10 ·
also I'm a real impala not a wagon LMFAOcwm8
And just fut the wuck is wrong with wagons?? Not that I am jacking the thread but I know of a few that can lay a smack down on plenty of other cars, that even weight less.

#4 ·
well, from another wagon guy. have atleast some clue about what you are posting. not one bit of your post made any sence at all. maybe once you do that. your "real impala" might be able to run with a wagon. this all i can offer you

#5 ·
Get a life

You guys are silly!
Us people that like to read forums "DONT" like to see negativity! I come on here to read about our Impala SS's......Hence "Impalassforum.com"

#6 ·
I will add some content to this, as it has none at this point.

I have run this setup for some time now and it works very well. Here's the issue doing this, because your are using the nitrous more for cooling than power it creates a change in the air the intake gets from the supercharger. This means you MUST have a way to read what the fuel ratios are when everything is turned on.

If you jet the nitrous system as would be normal the engine will go lean because you changed the air density by cooling the supercharger charge. It takes a lot more fuel from the nitrous system to correct for the change you have created. Thats good because if you add more fuel to get the AFR correct that means the engine will make more power.

Short answer is its works. BUT you better know what you're doing or you will melt an engine quickly.

#9 ·
Well......there you go BigFred !
Many years of experience condensed into a 60-second download into your brain. That's the way we like to do it nowadays, right? I'm sure you'll have no problems. If a simple guy like Jeff can do it, so can you.

#8 ·
Sorry Jimmy

He actually did the same thing to me when I was selling that kit! I almost posted something in your thread, but I am done flamming that dude.

It'll be better on your car anyway. :D LMK if you need any help hooking that system up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.