Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 95 IMPALA SS LT1 and i put it in the shop due to a leaking manifold on driver side so i found 1 after some work :)mad:found a pass. side brand new all day:mad:)so i grabbed one off of ebay and works fine no more leaks,oil still looks great after one yr.but once it idled down and adjusted itself.once in drive and i press the gas really no power then it shuts off. any opinions out therecwm1

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
should i put high octane gas along with a fulltune :)up a/c deco prof. platnium plugs, taylor wires,msd ignition coil,mobil 1 trans fluid w/gasket and oil,and probably brake and pwr steering flush. any other maint. suggestionscwm1

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
should i put high octane gas along with a fulltune :)up a/c deco prof. platnium plugs, taylor wires,msd ignition coil,mobil 1 trans fluid w/gasket and oil,and probably brake and pwr steering flush. any other maint. suggestionscwm1
No, you dont need all the items you listed above, just because the car sat for 8 mo's, A new set of "AC-Delco" platinum plugs wouldn't hurt the car though. How much fuel is in the tank right now? Get a bottle of "Sta-Bil" from your local auto store, then based on how much fuel is in the tank, put that many Ounces of Sta-Bil in the tank also, using the chart on the Sta-Bil bottle.......Then let it sit for a day. Now fill the rest of the tank with FRESH Fuel and start the car.....Post back how the car is running now?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok b-body builder will post back once i get back to my stealth SS.will cooperate thanx.do you have any opinions for a certain brand of headers and cat-back exhaust that i should go with all stock right now just 40 series flowmasters currently or anyonecwm1

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bad gas

Yes it has only a quarter tank from empty..sta-bil i cant say that i heard of it but i will look for it and try as u stated thanx a lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.