Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guyz, i just replaced my water pump, when the car is not accelerating the air is cold,otherwise its blowing hot, the stat. is a 180.also both fans turn on after maybe 30sec. of start up, the temp switch on the w/p.has also been changed the car is a 95 wagon LT-1 with 110k. HELP :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
clogged heater core or air in the system.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
+1 to FBI. Also, since you say your fans are turning on immediately, I'm guessing your CEL is lit. Have codes pulled and fix the problem.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
+1 to FBI. Also, since you say your fans are turning on immediately, I'm guessing your CEL is lit. Have codes pulled and fix the problem.
+2 to the +1. Flushing the heater core can only help. There is a few threads on here of how to do it. Make sure you flush it both ways.

Also bleed air out of the system. Getting the upper waterpump/thermostat arm with the bleeder valve is a great buy.

Both fans only come on when your car is overheating (unless you have a non-stock program) or it isn't getting a reading from the sensor. Have the codes flushed if your check engine light is on. Otherwise replace the sensor. (new does not equal "good" or "working")

1 - 4 of 4 Posts