Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had 2 w7 13.5 took those out. Now im going with 2 mtx 15 9500 what the best box to build for our cars and this subs? Any help would be great. THANKS

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why the switch? And are you going with the dual 4 or single 4 9515s?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going with the dual 4 with the 952001 amp i will post a pix in a few

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If anything that was a sideways-grade at best, I woulda kept the w7's...

If I was going to get 9515's I woulda got the real deal....

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
went with 2 style of boxes, Different installers and the w7 did not do there thing so now im going to try these ones to c how they sound. w7 are over rated P.O.S the way i look at it!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mtx's 9515's are that great either. they definitely can't handle the power they're advertised to.

my buddy has one temp(free) installed to fill his box space. he's an installer at a big shop here and he's gotta have something to show. it's a 9515 with a memphis m-class 4000d running 2000w rms and we can smell the coil strong.

look into more unknown brands man to get what you're looking for. mtx ain't gonna cut it. like b.campbell said, the only 9515 i'd touch would be a digital designs.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by imposster96:
went with 2 style of boxes, Different installers and the w7 did not do there thing so now im going to try these ones to c how they sound. w7 are over rated P.O.S the way i look at it!
its ALL about the box, and the installation.

dont blame the subwoofers because your installers dont know what they are doing with those subs.

like brandon said, that was a sideways move... at BEST. (if not a downgrade) the W7 is a great woofer, if installed properly, into a box built to the woofers specs (not the box JL tells you to build).

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, pimpala...

what's wrong with the box JL tells you to build and what would be the best for a JL12W6 to go into if not what JL says?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
manufacturer specs for subwoofer boxes are always very conservative, and are designed with the ease of build, and keeping the subwoofer "safe".

if you want a real box, then go to a place with a history of building loud SPL vehicles that has a computer box building program, and let them design an enclosure designed specifically for your vehicle.

every car, and every install is different.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by PIMPALA-SS™:
manufacturer specs for subwoofer boxes are always very conservative, and are designed with the ease of build, and keeping the subwoofer "safe".

if you want a real box, then go to a place with a history of building loud SPL vehicles that has a computer box building program, and let them design an enclosure designed specifically for your vehicle.

every car, and every install is different.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
going to start on a new box this week i will let you guys see some pic asap

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cant wait!

and do this... when its finished, go have it metered at a local shop, and if it doesnt do more than my W7s do at 40hz, (146.6db) then come back and apologize for calling my subs "over rated POS"

oh, and mine are only 8"

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you doing that on a term lab?
legal?

anyway you cut it though, thats impressive for a trio of 8"s

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and they are all running off a memphis St-1000D (approx 350 watts each)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by PIMPALA-SS™:
not term lab...audio control, but 100% legal.
ac 190? 180?

anyway you cut it though, thats impressive as hell lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts